This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

open planche

Started by Geonho Lee, January 10, 2021 · 13 Replies · 194 Views

Geonho Lee

long time no see....

I wonder if I'll workout in a gym.. anyway! check please coach

 

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

long time no see....

I wonder if I'll workout in a gym.. anyway! check please coach

 

Hey Geonho, if you notice from the course video hips are too opened in your case. Also, keep in mind that sacrificing protraction is not an option.

Geonho Lee
On 1/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Geonho, if you notice from the course video hips are too opened in your case. Also, keep in mind that sacrificing protraction is not an option.

thank so much. I really appreciate your great feedback. It's a big help

anyway, what about this coach?

 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Geonho Lee said:

thank so much. I really appreciate your great feedback. It's a big help

anyway, what about this coach?

 

The main goal here is moving the hips lower.

Geonho Lee
On 1/14/2021 at 4:20 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

The main goal here is moving the hips lower.

I've tried my best to keep my scapulae protracted and I'd like to hear what you think about my protraction and hip position as well

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Good improvement, but your hips still need to be lower. They should be at the same elevation as your shoulders.

Geonho Lee
44 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Good improvement, but your hips still need to be lower. They should be at the same elevation as your shoulders.

Thanks! I really appreciate it

Geonho Lee
On 1/19/2021 at 3:32 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Good improvement, but your hips still need to be lower. They should be at the same elevation as your shoulders.

what about this, coach?

Alessandro Mainente
6 minutes ago, Geonho Lee said:

what about this, coach?

You got it.

If you want this is an additional tool that I've found very useful for someone who struggles with the passage between tuck and open tuck variation.

Basically, you hold an assisted band while lying on your belly then you try to extend the hips while holding the same spine alignment (curled spine)...try this before doing the open planche..is a good aneural activation exercise.

I'm not used to sharing tools that I use with my students but for GB I can make an exception....but I think that can be helpful for you.

 

Geonho Lee
11 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

You got it.

If you want this is an additional tool that I've found very useful for someone who struggles with the passage between tuck and open tuck variation.

Basically, you hold an assisted band while lying on your belly then you try to extend the hips while holding the same spine alignment (curled spine)...try this before doing the open planche..is a good aneural activation exercise.

I'm not used to sharing tools that I use with my students but for GB I can make an exception....but I think that can be helpful for you.

 

Oh.. I think that'll be a big help. thanks coach! 

Geonho Lee
On 1/24/2021 at 7:18 AM, Geonho Lee said:

Oh.. I think that'll be a big help. thanks coach! 

I've tried these movements for the first time in a while so I need your perspective. Thanks for your help in advance:)

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

I've tried these movements for the first time in a while so I need your perspective. Thanks for your help in advance:)

 

 

Not so bad at all. my suggestion is also doing additional sets with a medium loop band where you focus on technique, specifically opening the hips while not variating the protraction.

Geonho Lee
On 3/17/2021 at 5:11 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Not so bad at all. my suggestion is also doing additional sets with a medium loop band where you focus on technique, specifically opening the hips while not variating the protraction.

hey alessandro! 

I've wanted to make sure that I've been performing the assistance exercise right

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 4/5/2021 at 3:23 AM, Geonho Lee said:

hey alessandro! 

I've wanted to make sure that I've been performing the assistance exercise right

 

 

Good!