This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Adapt to being home all day?

Started by falconair, January 10, 2021 · 1 Replies · 44 Views

falconair

Hi, I’m almost finished with week one. Liking it so far (my calfs have never been so sore)!

Since many of us are home all day due to Covid, does it make sense to adapt any part of the workouts?

Before this, I was doing a bit of lifting, since I have barbells at home. I I was supposed to do bench press and rows that day, every hour or so (as long as I didn’t have meetings), I’d bust out a set. I even noticed that I only had to do a warmup set in the beginning of the day. If anything, I’d be able to life more after the first couple of sets. This way I was accumulating a lot more volume, but not having to set aside a block of hour or 1.5 hours devoted to working out.

I’ve always wanted to seriously try gymnastics training so I’m happy to follow this program. However, if we can take advantage of the current situation, why not?

 

Look forward to hearing feedback.

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/10/2021 at 7:37 AM, Shahbaz Chaudhary said:

Hi, I’m almost finished with week one. Liking it so far (my calfs have never been so sore)!

Since many of us are home all day due to Covid, does it make sense to adapt any part of the workouts?

Before this, I was doing a bit of lifting, since I have barbells at home. I I was supposed to do bench press and rows that day, every hour or so (as long as I didn’t have meetings), I’d bust out a set. I even noticed that I only had to do a warmup set in the beginning of the day. If anything, I’d be able to life more after the first couple of sets. This way I was accumulating a lot more volume, but not having to set aside a block of hour or 1.5 hours devoted to working out.

I’ve always wanted to seriously try gymnastics training so I’m happy to follow this program. However, if we can take advantage of the current situation, why not?

 

Look forward to hearing feedback.

 

Hi Shahbaz, the idea you are going to develop is basically the grease to the groove that i suggest only in case of perfect technique no matter the exercise.

The main focus of the training session should be your main goal...doing  5 benchpress X days if your ultimate goal is the pushup progression is for sure a sub optimal situation.