This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Supine head shoulder positions

Started by Johnofcamas Sturgeon, January 8, 2021 · 1 Replies · 26 Views

Johnofcamas Sturgeon

54 year old male: I’m just beginning the foundation course and when lying in supine I have two issues. 1.  My head won’t touch the ground. I need a pillow

2.  My arms/shoulders are so tight I can’t lower them either. Keeping them bent I can lower my shoulders. But when I raise my hands over my head my shoulders basically float

question. What are some exercises / stretches I can do to correct this?

 

thank you!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Sturgeon and welcome to GB,

i have ridden your post. my best suggestion follows:

1) the most important thing before knowing what i can tell you to do i know what is the cause or what are the causes of your posture and tension. for this one i suggest you checking for a personalized visit with a PT;

2) meanwhile using the REstore series for shoulders and scapulae can be very effective.