Just want to get a form check on the side to side squat.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Leigh Cambre, January 5, 2021 · 18 Replies · 104 Views
Just want to get a form check on the side to side squat.
It looks like you moved on from Cossack Squats way too quickly. Can you post a video of PE6 so we can help you make adjustments?
Oh wow. I didn't expect that for an answer. Here's me doing the final round of the previous workout:
Your biggest struggle with this one isn't going to be strength, it's going to be mobility and flexibility. Here's a few things to focus on as you do your cossack squats:
Are you currently going through the Split courses?
My flexibility for my lower body is indeed not the best. In response to your bullets, I will work on all of them. Unfortunately, I am currently unable to keep my heels in contact with the ground throughout the set due to flexibility.
I had been doing the split courses in 2019 but got busy and never picked them back up. Even after a 6 month period of commitment, I saw very little change (which, as you can imagine, is frustrating).
Which leads to the obvious question: how long do I need to stay on this one step?
20 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:My flexibility for my lower body is indeed not the best. In response to your bullets, I will work on all of them. Unfortunately, I am currently unable to keep my heels in contact with the ground throughout the set due to flexibility.
I had been doing the split courses in 2019 but got busy and never picked them back up. Even after a 6 month period of commitment, I saw very little change (which, as you can imagine, is frustrating).
Which leads to the obvious question: how long do I need to stay on this one step?
Hey Leigh, if you can do a "completely feet together" squat without raising the heels then is not a problem of ankles mobility but hips mobility. we begin from that of defining what is your necessity for improving the form and reaching mastery.
I can do a completely feet together squat without raising my heels. It's hips mobility that's a problem for me.
16 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:I can do a completely feet together squat without raising my heels. It's hips mobility that's a problem for me.
Are you following any fo the stretch series?
I had been doing the split courses in 2019 but got busy and never picked them back up. Even after a 6 month period of commitment, I saw very little change (which, as you can imagine, is frustrating).
My ankle, hip, and split flexibility is so poor that I went to my doctor to make sure I wasn't incapable. He confirmed that I have no physical issues--it's just that I'm incredibly tight.
Improving flexibility takes a lot of time, repetition, and patience. It is completely normal to hit road blocks and feel 'stuck' as you work on it. Working through your Stretch courses will become increasingly more important as you progress through the Foundation courses. As you stretch, make sure you post periodic updates so that we can help you make adjustments just like you do with your strength and mobility progressions.
Understood. In the meantime, what's your suggestion on my strength training? Is the idea that I'm indefinitely stuck on this step?
On 1/12/2021 at 4:37 AM, Leigh Cambre said:I had been doing the split courses in 2019 but got busy and never picked them back up. Even after a 6 month period of commitment, I saw very little change (which, as you can imagine, is frustrating).
My ankle, hip, and split flexibility is so poor that I went to my doctor to make sure I wasn't incapable. He confirmed that I have no physical issues--it's just that I'm incredibly tight.
Well consider that to unlock my bridge it tool to me 10 years....the more your joints are locked the more time they need. think that hips joint become very tight because it needs to stability knees, lower spine and ankles...and muscles work together every time you walk, run etc. and you do it every day...365 days/year...since you began to walk...up to now...we cannot expect substantial changes in 1 year...it is not realistic.
Well I want to stomp my feet and cry like a baby because I want results NOOOOW!!
Okay, my fit it is over. Sigh.
I hear you. Thank you. It'll just take time.
I am absolutely stunned. Apparently, I wasn't pushing myself hard enough and I had the flexibility after all???? Consider me shocked. Here are two videos of me improving significantly:
18 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:I am absolutely stunned. Apparently, I wasn't pushing myself hard enough and I had the flexibility after all???? Consider me shocked. Here are two videos of me improving significantly:
Hey Leigh, there is nothing wrong with, is what i call self-research. Some of us are constantly training in the comfort situation BUT the main problem is that the body adapts will fewer improvements time over time...so moving out of this zone is soon or after essential.
Thanks Alessandro. I'll take it!
Any feedback on my form? Or is it now fine?
20 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:Thanks Alessandro. I'll take it!
Any feedback on my form? Or is it now fine?
Try to stay low when you pass from left to right.
Leigh, when you say you weren’t pushing yourself hard enough, how hard did you begin pushing yourself?
14 hours ago, Daniel Slivka said:Leigh, when you say you weren’t pushing yourself hard enough, how hard did you begin pushing yourself?
To clarify, I had a mental block when I would start to go down, telling myself that I did not have the flexibility so I should be very careful about trying to go as far as I ended up going. I was beyond shocked that I got as far down as I could. I was stretching muscles I had never stretched before. When I finish these workouts with my new depth, I actually felt great, like I had just stretched. Does that answer your question?