I consistently fall forward. Can occasionally get 20+ seconds but can only get 6 to 12 seconds normally.
Any help would be appreciated I have been stuck here for a few weeks now. I've been doing the handstand work 3x per week.
Thanks,
Cory
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cory 254916, January 1, 2021 · 11 Replies · 127 Views
I consistently fall forward. Can occasionally get 20+ seconds but can only get 6 to 12 seconds normally.
Any help would be appreciated I have been stuck here for a few weeks now. I've been doing the handstand work 3x per week.
Thanks,
Cory
On 1/1/2021 at 8:53 PM, Cory Bowman said:I consistently fall forward. Can occasionally get 20+ seconds but can only get 6 to 12 seconds normally.
Any help would be appreciated I have been stuck here for a few weeks now. I've been doing the handstand work 3x per week.
Thanks,
Cory
Hey Cory, this happens at 100% because you lean forward with the shoulder in order to take off the weight from the wall + you lean with your feet with the center of gravity of your body stay closer to the wall.. this is the wrong way. so....
1- shoulder stays over the hands always;
2 - the first part that moves away is the center of gravity...i mean hips;
3- then once hips are stacked you adjust the feet.
Took your coaching and made some changes to my practice.
Have definitely made improvements can get 30 to 40 seconds plus now. Still inconsistent though. Any other tips.
Thanks Cory
13 hours ago, Cory Bowman said:Took your coaching and made some changes to my practice.
Have definitely made improvements can get 30 to 40 seconds plus now. Still inconsistent though. Any other tips.
Thanks Cory
Hey Cory, apparently shoulder flexion is not complete. do you mind if I ask you so show the mastery of the IM1-2-3 and 4?
I will post those shortly. I was never able to do the PE5 and PE6 Mobility at shoulder width. I moved on to the next progressions because I could do the strength portion. Is that not the best path to take? Should you reach mastery in both mobility and strength for each progression before moving on if one of the mobility or strength is easy and the other hard? Or should you move on to the next progression and continue to practice the one that is hard. I moved on thinking the other movements I would be doing would help me improve on the mobility I hadn't mastered. But in hind sight that seems flawed. Do you have some general guidance on how to work through these?
Thanks,
Cory
Hey Cory, unfortunately no.
The main rule of GB in the skills work is that PE and paired mobility should be both mastered before moving on.
In the specific case of handstand, shoulder mobility is the main limiting factor, and this reflects exactly the ability to perform with a efficient technique.
Well I have really screwed the pooch over the last 9 months then. I have been making progress in all mobility for both handstand as well as upper body, core and lower body but always moved on once I could do the strength portion. With that said I will be posting form checks for all mobility going back to the beginning. I know I will have to spend some time getting those to mastery. Question, how often can I perform the mobility exercises? Can I do them every day or will that be detrimental. I have been doing middle split and front spilt once a week for the last 9 months and know that doing those more than once a week is not beneficial according to Coach Sommer. Does that hold true for the mobility 2x per week max?
Thanks in advance,
Cory
14 hours ago, Cory Bowman said:Well I have really screwed the pooch over the last 9 months then. I have been making progress in all mobility for both handstand as well as upper body, core and lower body but always moved on once I could do the strength portion. With that said I will be posting form checks for all mobility going back to the beginning. I know I will have to spend some time getting those to mastery. Question, how often can I perform the mobility exercises? Can I do them every day or will that be detrimental. I have been doing middle split and front spilt once a week for the last 9 months and know that doing those more than once a week is not beneficial according to Coach Sommer. Does that hold true for the mobility 2x per week max?
Thanks in advance,
Cory
Hey Cory, well in GB curriculum we have the stretch series, for example, the thoracic bridge series that can be done once a week, then if you feel still tight you spend daily work on restore series for shoulders and scapulae.
Alessandro,
Here are my first 3 mobility videos for the Handstand Series.
HS/PE1 - iM Mobility Video -
HS/PE2 - iM Mobility Video -
HS/PE3 - iM Mobility Video -
I forgot to do iM PE4 I'll get that shorlty.
Thanks in advance for the feedback.
13 hours ago, Cory Bowman said:Alessandro,
Here are my first 3 mobility videos for the Handstand Series.
HS/PE1 - iM Mobility Video -
HS/PE2 - iM Mobility Video -
HS/PE3 - iM Mobility Video -
I forgot to do iM PE4 I'll get that shorlty.
Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Apparently, after looking at the test, you have a lack of technique because shoulders are good to me. So can you post a video of the normal wall handstand?
Alessandro,
Here is a video of my Wrist Wall Handstand. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Hey Cory , stop at 11 seconds, can you see that you are tilting on the side (to your left arm) . this changes the amount of perceived weight and then when you move to the forearm supported handstand much more weight falls more on one side reducing the ability to hold the shoulder opened.
try to flex the spine to the left so that the right side get more extension.