This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

manna se14. P-Bar or not P-Bar, that is the question.

Started by Hiroyuki Tanaka, December 30, 2020 · 4 Replies · 125 Views

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Hi,

Until Manna SE13, I've practiced Manna(MSH) with p-Bars, but from SE14, the athlete performing MSH on a floor (w/ fingers backward).

Should I progress to SE15 only after I manage to perform MSH palms on a floor?

Today I've finished 5x30 MSH on P-bars, but I still can't perform MSH palms on a floor, fingers backward.(and of course I can't do a single rep of manna lift...)

See the video I've attached.(tho its only a 10secs...)

 I can perform 30 secs MSH on P-bars, 10 to 15 secs MSH palms on a floor fingers outward and 0 secs of MSH palms on a floor fingers backward.

What should I do? or How should I practice fingers backward MSH?

I'm thinking to practice MSH palms on a floor fingers outward, until I can perform that 5x30, and then starting to MSH fingers backward. (since I cannot do a single rep of manna lift and 6 secs of MSH w/fingers backward).

  Thanks

Hiro

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/30/2020 at 12:17 PM, Hiroyuki Tanaka said:

Hi,

Until Manna SE13, I've practiced Manna(MSH) with p-Bars, but from SE14, the athlete performing MSH on a floor (w/ fingers backward).

Should I progress to SE15 only after I manage to perform MSH palms on a floor?

Today I've finished 5x30 MSH on P-bars, but I still can't perform MSH palms on a floor, fingers backward.(and of course I can't do a single rep of manna lift...)

See the video I've attached.(tho its only a 10secs...)

 I can perform 30 secs MSH on P-bars, 10 to 15 secs MSH palms on a floor fingers outward and 0 secs of MSH palms on a floor fingers backward.

What should I do? or How should I practice fingers backward MSH?

I'm thinking to practice MSH palms on a floor fingers outward, until I can perform that 5x30, and then starting to MSH fingers backward. (since I cannot do a single rep of manna lift and 6 secs of MSH w/fingers backward).

  Thanks

Hiro

Hey Hiroyuki, i have actually 2 students who have already reached the manna and another one is very close. what's made the real difference is to apply the adduction of the scapulae in all the MSH variations. The one you showed on the pbars does not have enough adduction...you should fix it because in the long term it gives the most benefits.

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Thank you sir.

Here is some back view video.

For se14, as you've said, I don't have enough scapula adduction.

For se11, is this also not enough scapula adduction?

For se9, this has no scapula adduction. (So if my se11 is not okay, I'll regress to se10, Revers plank work)

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Hiroyuki Tanaka said:

Thank you sir.

Here is some back view video.

For se14, as you've said, I don't have enough scapula adduction.

For se11, is this also not enough scapula adduction?

For se9, this has no scapula adduction. (So if my se11 is not okay, I'll regress to se10, Revers plank work)

 

Se9 could be your starting point...

Hiroyuki Tanaka

Thank you.