Climbing Rope storage and care

Started by James Strack, December 26, 2020 · 3 Replies · 2,140 Views

James Strack

So not sure why now but had a outdoor climbing rope on my Amazon wish list.  Somebody called my bluff and bought it for me!  I have many months or years before my elbows strong enough.  I guess I could use it with my legs instead of only arms to say I'm using it but right now I have it sitting in my garage.

I wonder if I need to worry about dry rot with it in my garage.

 

IMG_20201226_154408379.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, James Strack said:

So not sure why now but had a outdoor climbing rope on my Amazon wish list.  Somebody called my bluff and bought it for me!  I have many months or years before my elbows strong enough.  I guess I could use it with my legs instead of only arms to say I'm using it but right now I have it sitting in my garage.

I wonder if I need to worry about dry rot with it in my garage.

 

IMG_20201226_154408379.jpg

HI James, my personal suggestion is to be patient. There is always time to add but sometime is too late to take off.

James Strack

I didn't post weii. I don't plan on using till my elbows can handle.  I was wondering how it had to be stored.   Will it be fine sitting in garage since outdoor rope?   Or will it start dry rot because not using? 

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, James Strack said:

I didn't post weii. I don't plan on using till my elbows can handle.  I was wondering how it had to be stored.   Will it be fine sitting in garage since outdoor rope?   Or will it start dry rot because not using? 

mmmmmmm seriously...don't know honestly...for sure canapa ropes do not like weather chagings.