This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 form check

Started by Alex Simon, December 21, 2020 · 10 Replies · 103 Views

Alex Simon

Hello,

Last week I added the handstand one to my training schedule. 

I like some pointers to improve my form.

 

Thank you 

Jeffrey Bittner

Can you also post a side view of your PE? On your iM, work on bringing your hands closer together while keeping your ears covered with your arms. Your goal is to open your shoulders completely with your hands at shoulder width and head in a neutral position.

Alex Simon

Hello Jeffrey,

Going to make a side view of the PE tonight. 

Ok, hands closer and elevate my shoulders more to the ears.

 

Thank you.

Alex Simon

@Jeffrey Bittner Sorry for not posting a side view yet.

Reason was i had shoulder/upper arm issue the day after the workout. I had some pain issue in the past in my left upper arm. I think where my bicep tendon ends to the shoulder. I think I developed it when I still did crossfit.

Now when i do some sort of hands above my head work i feel sharp pain developing the day after. In the thoracic series I have also problems in the last half of the series. 

Is there something I can do to slowly rehab this?

 

Thank You

Jeffrey Bittner

After giving yourself some time to rest, I recommend easing back into your training with the Restore and Band courses. As you go through these courses, remember to work based on the strength and limitations of your weak shoulder. @Alessandro Mainente might have some more insight for you as well.

Alex Simon

@Jeffrey Bittner okay I am going to do that. Was already experimenting with those courses. @Alessandro Mainente any tips on how to approach this?

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Alex Simon said:

@Jeffrey Bittner okay I am going to do that. Was already experimenting with those courses. @Alessandro Mainente any tips on how to approach this?

Hey Alex, the basic strategy is giving prioprity on the weak side and on the restricted range of motion because they are not necessarily the same side.

this means that through restore series you will discover that some range of motion is limited...then you can add one more set here, the same concept for the muscular work. same exercises are done with muscles...perfect..on the weak side...one set more.

The key is finding balance.

Alex Simon

Capture.thumb.PNG.8957da201e45c1c276e9847d9a2b0289.PNG

@Alessandro Mainente I have programmed like this now and giving my self rest day after training to feel if it is enough. Then slowly when I feel better I will first add some extra sets and later on some other classes. Anything to add or changes??

Alessandro Mainente

Not necessary for now. you should stay with this for a month and then while checking for progress you can adjust it.

Alex Simon

@Jeffrey Bittner

After a month or so I could finally start the handstand course again with out pain in my left shoulder. Taking it slow and see how my body reacts. 

Here is the side view you'd ask for.

Any tips?

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks like you're off to a good start. Try to place your knees a bit higher up on your triceps to allow you to straighten your spine more. Doing so will allow you to stack your hips over your shoulders and head which will help in your long-term handstand work.