Hey all, really struggling to maintain PPT as advised in the handstand shoulder flexion press video. For reference I am on HS/PE2.
Here is a video of me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ-mJiF0qjs getting into the chest-to-wall handstand (no pressing in the video).
I understand that PPT is not happening because of my closed shoulders which this exercise and the HS series will resolve over time. In the meantime are there any immediate fixes I can make to my position?
Thank you.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
TBSSE16: Handstand shoulder flexion press / form check
Started by Awais Muzaffar, December 20, 2020 · 6 Replies · 121 Views
17 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:Hey all, really struggling to maintain PPT as advised in the handstand shoulder flexion press video. For reference I am on HS/PE2.
Here is a video of me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ-mJiF0qjs getting into the chest-to-wall handstand (no pressing in the video).
I understand that PPT is not happening because of my closed shoulders which this exercise and the HS series will resolve over time. In the meantime are there any immediate fixes I can make to my position?
Thank you.
Hey awais, my personal suggestion is to spend the minimum amount of time with this one and dedicate 2-3 days a week on the inverted cat position....which you can show in order to have feedback about the best position of the support for your case.
Thanks - I've just tried this with a swiss ball - and wow, intense!
Okay, to me it looks like the alignment is looking much better. Ribs are not sticking out like they did before.
Here is a new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JvmgyAJhF4
What do you guys think?
Thanks,
Awais
This is more clearer video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_iWGJ0ATf8
23 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:This is more clearer video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_iWGJ0ATf8
The previous one was better!
Ok cool I'll try to use the earlier one as reference