This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

ADDING HANDSTAND 1 TO LEVEL 1

Started by JAY ROACH, December 16, 2020 · 4 Replies · 216 Views

JAY ROACH

If I were to add Handstand 1 to the Level 1 schedule, what day would you suggest?

Jeffrey Bittner

I recommend adding it on either Wednesday or Saturday in addition to your Stretch, but you are welcome to add it wherever it fits best in your personal schedule.

Timothy Letscher

I've been doing it the same day as the upper body work (Mon and Thur) though I might adjust to Jeffrey's suggestion since the handstand section is beginning to get time consuming.

Joel Bornemann

I had the same question, asked it on Support, and was recommended to do it Mon and Thu. However, as the handstand programme now includes all three levels at once, I am noticing that my shoulders and triceps are pretty exhausted afterwards, making the subsequent upper body work a lot harder. I am now asking myself whether that schedule will hinder my progress on the upper body work too much, or whether this just means that my shoulders are the weak link for me and eventually the combination of HS+Upper Body won't be a problem anymore. Any thoughts?

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Joel Bornemann said:

I had the same question, asked it on Support, and was recommended to do it Mon and Thu. However, as the handstand programme now includes all three levels at once, I am noticing that my shoulders and triceps are pretty exhausted afterwards, making the subsequent upper body work a lot harder. I am now asking myself whether that schedule will hinder my progress on the upper body work too much, or whether this just means that my shoulders are the weak link for me and eventually the combination of HS+Upper Body won't be a problem anymore. Any thoughts?

Hey Joel, you are not forced to do all the 3 levels.