This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check - Row 5x15 3min Rest

Started by Marcin Chmiel, December 14, 2020 · 4 Replies · 84 Views

Marcin Chmiel

Today is my first trainig when I did 3min rest. I feels much better with this and i did 5x15 Rep 

I think better for me is work with 3min Rest between set and get 5x15 Rep . 

And next work for decrease timer rest. 

Should be good ? I now have 8 mounth when work for Row and i don't see finish when i can do only rest Mobility 

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Marcin Chmiel said:

Today is my first trainig when I did 3min rest. I feels much better with this and i did 5x15 Rep 

I think better for me is work with 3min Rest between set and get 5x15 Rep . 

And next work for decrease timer rest. 

Should be good ? I now have 8 mounth when work for Row and i don't see finish when i can do only rest Mobility 

With 3 minutes rest you are not working on general strength. The body adapts to exercise by adapting also the energetic system. From my point of view, the answer is no. The IM as active rest is enough to proceed. 

Marcin Chmiel

What about add + 5-10 set with 50% . If i can do 5x10 Rep with 1min rest I add 5-10 set x 4-5 Rep with 30-45 rest

@Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente
2 minutes ago, Marcin Chmiel said:

What about add + 5-10 set with 50% . If i can do 5x10 Rep with 1min rest I add 5-10 set x 4-5 Rep with 30-45 rest

@Alessandro Mainente

A good strategy that i have used is doing all the reps and then complete them with a rest that you should reduce time over time without changing the schema.

for example:

you do 4x15 but you are in a plateau at 15, 15, 15, 12,10.

Do the first 3 set, then perform 12 reps, rest 15'', do the rest of the reps. the last set stay remains 10r.

next session Do the first 3 set, then perform 12 reps, rest 10'', do the rest of the reps, the last set stay remains 10r.

next session Do the first 3 set, then perform 12 reps, rest 5'', do the rest of the reps, the last set stay remains 10r.

next session Do the first 3 set, then perform 15 reps with no rest, the last set stays on 10r.

stay on the last schema for 3-4 sessions. then begin with the same strategy for the 5th set.

Marcin Chmiel

Thanks :)