This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2

Started by Awais Muzaffar, December 3, 2020 · 12 Replies · 147 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hi coaches,

For now just the PE. Here is my headstand video, I'm having  few issues:

- I'm really struggling to remove that arch in my lower back when in this position. Thinking about staying in PPT while upside is challenging for me.
- After 30 seconds my shoulders are shaking? Is this an endurance issue or form issue?
- Do my elbows need to be more tucked in? To me they look like they are flaring out.

Thank you.

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks like you're off to a good start. You might find that rolling onto the top of your head a little bit more helps with the balance and alignment of your spine. To get rid of the arch, remember to engage your core muscles. Engaging your glutes will also help you to straighten your hips. It's hard to see where your elbows are from the side. Could you also post a front view for us?

Awais Muzaffar

Thank you jeffrey! I'll take your advice of rolling more on top of the head, and squeezing the glutes. I'll see how this goes in my handstand session on Sunday, and post some videos after.

Awais Muzaffar

So... Here is the quick video from the side view - I can see improvements from before after following your tips.

And then there is video from the front view of me doing a 30+ hold - I'm really glad you asked for this; Because there is clearly an alignment issue I was never aware. It just looks odd from the front. There is a bend in my waist, and the shoulders dont seem level... And then also near the end of this video you can see my arms crumbling under pressure.

Thanks again. 

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

So... Here is the quick video from the side view - I can see improvements from before after following your tips.

And then there is video from the front view of me doing a 30+ hold - I'm really glad you asked for this; Because there is clearly an alignment issue I was never aware. It just looks odd from the front. There is a bend in my waist, and the shoulders dont seem level... And then also near the end of this video you can see my arms crumbling under pressure.

Thanks again. 

Now...try to extend a bit your hips.

Awais Muzaffar

Thanks Alessandro, when I extend hips, is the idea to bring my legs and feet to the vertical line?

Alessandro Mainente

It depends on how much is inclined the upper body.  thinking about hips extension is more correct.

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Right, here is the video with hips more extended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEo7UEJak8A

Thank you!

Not bad at all...now think that while the upper body stays in the same position...the hips goes a bit right and the heels go a bit left. This will produce hips extension.

Awais Muzaffar

Thanks Alessandro for the really descrpitive advice. This is my most recent effort: 

video 1
video 2

 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Thanks Alessandro for the really descrpitive advice. This is my most recent effort: 

video 1
video 2

 

The second one is perfect.

Awais Muzaffar

Right... here is the mobility video

This is a light stick, width of grip is body plus 1 fist each side.

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Right... here is the mobility video

This is a light stick, width of grip is body plus 1 fist each side.

Perfect, now if you can add 1-2 kg and film yourself from the back in order to check for symmetrical work.