Front Lever question

Started by Nuno Duarte, November 21, 2020 · 6 Replies · 2,822 Views

Nuno Duarte

Hello everyone! 

I have a question regarding front Lever work. When I am doing FL work sometimes I feel like my tricep relaxs a bit but my arms continue straight. Is this normal? I am posting a video so you can see what I mean. Hope everyone is doing well! 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/21/2020 at 12:27 PM, Nuno Duarte said:

Hello everyone! 

I have a question regarding front Lever work. When I am doing FL work sometimes I feel like my tricep relaxs a bit but my arms continue straight. Is this normal? I am posting a video so you can see what I mean. Hope everyone is doing well! 

 

I think that strongly depends on the fact that you are internally rotating the upper arm. Your scapulae are fixed and if you move the upper arm in the internal rotation the long head triceps is stretched.

Nuno Duarte

 @Mainente Alessandro Thanks! So my arms are completely straight?it's okay like this Or should I make some adjustment? 

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

 @Mainente Alessandro Thanks! So my arms are completely straight?it's okay like this Or should I make some adjustment? 

You do not have to internally rotate the upper arm.

Nuno Duarte

Hello again! 

In this video I focused on the contraction of the triceps. I relaxed the triceps on purpose but I think this is what happens when i say that my triceps relaxes sometimes. Do you still think that the problem is the rotation of the arms? Is this a problem? 

Thanks for the help as always!! 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Hello again! 

In this video I focused on the contraction of the triceps. I relaxed the triceps on purpose but I think this is what happens when i say that my triceps relaxes sometimes. Do you still think that the problem is the rotation of the arms? Is this a problem? 

Thanks for the help as always!! 

 

 

What I notice is that your left upper arm rotates inward more than right. This is confirmed by the left scapulae being more abducted. You can see that by looking the upper back and compare left and right, can you see the difference?

Nuno Duarte

I can see it... What does that mean? Is it an imbalance? . What about the relaxation of the triceps? Isn't that a problem? Thanks again for your help!