This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1

Started by Awais Muzaffar, November 18, 2020 · 2 Replies · 75 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hello all,

I've now started working on the HS lessons.

PE:
tripod video - What do you think? Looking back I noticed my hips dropped near the end of the video, as I got tired. So I need to improve endurance.

iM:
mobility video - I'm not sure how much more I should tilt forwad? This one makes me use all my energy because of my closed shoulders. I assume mastery of this is arms at 180 degrees?

PS: Here is a video from the back and this is a 7kg bar.

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hello all,

I've now started working on the HS lessons.

PE:
tripod video - What do you think? Looking back I noticed my hips dropped near the end of the video, as I got tired. So I need to improve endurance.

iM:
mobility video - I'm not sure how much more I should tilt forwad? This one makes me use all my energy because of my closed shoulders. I assume mastery of this is arms at 180 degrees?

PS: Here is a video from the back and this is a 7kg bar.

Thank you!

Hey Awais, your difficulty in the IM is due to the wrong approach to the exercise. the iter that should be followed is:

1- grab an unweighted bar or a lightweight bar like 1 kg bar with a grip that allows you to open the shoulder up to 180°

2-then lean of 30° and hold;

3- can you hold it for 10'' for the 5 sets? perfect, reduce the grip;

4-you should continue this way until you reach almost shoulders width grip but without sacrificing the 180° of flexion;

5-once the shoulder wide grip is reached you can add 1 kg and begin again from point 1.

 

The tripod is ok.

Awais Muzaffar

Thank you. Here is the new mobility video

Couple of points:

1. At 0:5 seconds you will see me make an effort to get into and stay in PPT.
2. The lean forward begins at 0:21 seconds
3. Grip is a wider than shoulder width.