This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Ring Rows Form Check

Started by Callum Muntz, November 18, 2020 · 6 Replies · 116 Views

Callum Muntz

G'day GB,

I've been stuck on Ground Rows for some time. I can't build the endurance to do more than two sets (perhaps three sets on a good day) of fifteen repetitions.

Can I get some advice please? I've uploaded my final set for my workout today (I'd achieved 15, 15, 10 without a rest/pause in the sets prior to this). It is a little worse than normal, as I was fatigued from other training, and I have consistently been achieving 15, 15, ~10, ~8 reps, sticking to the iM correctly, for some time now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Callum Muntz said:

G'day GB,

I've been stuck on Ground Rows for some time. I can't build the endurance to do more than two sets (perhaps three sets on a good day) of fifteen repetitions.

Can I get some advice please? I've uploaded my final set for my workout today (I'd achieved 15, 15, 10 without a rest/pause in the sets prior to this). It is a little worse than normal, as I was fatigued from other training, and I have consistently been achieving 15, 15, ~10, ~8 reps, sticking to the iM correctly, for some time now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

 

HI Callum, what are the "other training"? are you constantly training the rows to failure?

Callum Muntz

Hey Alessandro,

I had some weight training for work before hand.

Regarding the failure, I have been able to do the first two sets completely and then the second two sets I have been going to failure, doing a rest-pause, followed by a few more reps (pausing as many times as needed to get to the total 15).

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Callum Muntz said:

Hey Alessandro,

I had some weight training for work before hand.

Regarding the failure, I have been able to do the first two sets completely and then the second two sets I have been going to failure, doing a rest-pause, followed by a few more reps (pausing as many times as needed to get to the total 15).

You should try doing the hard exercises when you are fresh.

Callum Muntz

Thanks Alessandro,

Ordinarily I do - but I have been stuck on this activity for at least 12 months. I can't crack the 'endurance' piece, and suspect it might be a programming issue. Perhaps not enough frequency?

Do you have any thoughts on this? A scan of the forums seems to indicate a lot of others have a similar issue as well.

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Callum Muntz said:

Thanks Alessandro,

Ordinarily I do - but I have been stuck on this activity for at least 12 months. I can't crack the 'endurance' piece, and suspect it might be a programming issue. Perhaps not enough frequency?

Do you have any thoughts on this? A scan of the forums seems to indicate a lot of others have a similar issue as well.

Try this strategy for 3 weeks: perform your max rep and take note of the number. then take 2/3 of this number and perform 4 set x this number twice a week, next week go for 5 sets, next week go for 6 sets, then in the next week do one light training session at the beginning of the week (simply do 3 sets, no variations in reps). in the second session for rows try your max reps again and tell me what's happening.

Callum Muntz
13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Try this strategy for 3 weeks: perform your max rep and take note of the number. then take 2/3 of this number and perform 4 set x this number twice a week, next week go for 5 sets, next week go for 6 sets, then in the next week do one light training session at the beginning of the week (simply do 3 sets, no variations in reps). in the second session for rows try your max reps again and tell me what's happening.

Cheers mate - Will do! Thank you