This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE9

Started by Awais Muzaffar, November 16, 2020 · 7 Replies · 88 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hi, this is from today's upper body session; L-sit chin-ups:

side-view
front-view

Notes:
- Should have glued my feet and legs together.
- Not the most open shoulders, working on this through the mobility work and classes.

Thanks,

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hi, this is from today's upper body session; L-sit chin-ups:

side-view
front-view

Notes:
- Should have glued my feet and legs together.
- Not the most open shoulders, working on this through the mobility work and classes.

Thanks,

Hey Awais, the movement showed in the video is now partial, you must relax completely the shoulder in between the reps because it is exactly this point that makes the exercises substantially harder.

Awais Muzaffar

Thank you Alessandro.

I looked back at the video, and see your point. This is from my habit of aiming for reps rather than going for the full movement. 

Awais Muzaffar

So now I'm letting the shoulders fully relax as in this video - For me keeping the l-sit position at the bottom with shoulders relaxed becomes much harder! Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

So now I'm letting the shoulders fully relax as in this video - For me keeping the l-sit position at the bottom with shoulders relaxed becomes much harder! Thanks.

this is the way the L variation is actually bypassed from the 99% of the normal use because it is harder.

Now is better but still, you are not relaxing completely, if you film yourself from the back you should notice that the ears should touch the shoulder in bottom postion.

Awais Muzaffar

Okay, so this is the best I can do is this: video here and another angle here - I get the same feeling as if I'm in a dead hang.

What I've observed is that the l-sit pushes you out a bit.

Thank you.

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay, so this is the best I can do is this: video here and another angle here - I get the same feeling as if I'm in a dead hang.

What I've observed is that the l-sit pushes you out a bit.

Thank you.

Serious improvements from your first form sir!!!

Awais Muzaffar

Cool, good to hear the positive feedback! Your professional advice provides alot of value.

Thanks,