This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Greasing Groove

Started by James Strack, November 15, 2020 · 8 Replies · 158 Views

James Strack

Good Afternoon, 

I realize no matter what it's going to take months to really see good improvement but am wondering if anyone has some good mobility or weighted mobility routines that I could add on active rest day.  I'm just the kind of guy when I know I have a big weakness I like to hit it more. 

It's my shoulder mobility and compression I'm speaking of.   I am 48 years old so probably need weighted to help nudge it.  Only have a 25 pound kettlebell but got a 40 pound on the way. 

 

 

1115201538a.jpg

1115201538.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
15 minutes ago, James Strack said:

Good Afternoon, 

I realize no matter what it's going to take months to really see good improvement but am wondering if anyone has some good mobility or weighted mobility routines that I could add on active rest day.  I'm just the kind of guy when I know I have a big weakness I like to hit it more. 

It's my shoulder mobility and compression I'm speaking of.   I am 48 years old so probably need weighted to help nudge it.  Only have a 25 pound kettlebell but got a 40 pound on the way. 

 

 

1115201538a.jpg

1115201538.jpg

HI James, i always appreciate the enthusiasm but you are new to this system and for now, try to be rigid with the schedule because doing more is not always the best solution. If with the actual schedule you are finding results, then stay with that. there is always time to do more. but sometimes is too late to do less.

James Strack

How about getting my hands closer together drives me insane the video all instructors even Mr.  Made from stone has hands touching and mine are so far apart. 

Alex Simon

@James Strack  You are not alone. I'm where you are now and i find it also some what frustrating but i also no that it cost my years to get this bad so it also takes time to fix it again. Here is mine from al most 2 months

 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, James Strack said:

How about getting my hands closer together drives me insane the video all instructors even Mr.  Made from stone has hands touching and mine are so far apart. 

i'm not going to tell you how much time took to me to have hands together....

James Strack

Oh, just wish as they said they had one guy in the video who was as bad as us.  Makes you feel bad when you can't get into the stretch position itself.  I volunteer to be the guy for the video update Coach.  I definitely would make newbies feel better watching me flail about.  LoL.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
2 hours ago, James Strack said:

Oh, just wish as they said they had one guy in the video who was as bad as us.  Makes you feel bad when you can't get into the stretch position itself.  I volunteer to be the guy for the video update Coach.  I definitely would make newbies feel better watching me flail about.  LoL.

Hahaha I have also felt like this when I started, I couldn't go into front split series wall exercises at all.

It takes time and it can be frustrating sometimes, but you will see progress, even if it is slow, it is still progress

James O'Boyle

@James Strack  Be careful with progressing too quickly with the shoulder extension stretch.  I've had elbow issues flare up when I tried to go too hard on those (before GB).  Once per week seems to be a really good workload for that stretch--I made MUCH more progress doing it once per week than in the past when I tried doing it 3x/week or even daily.  That said, I really like the shoulder restore series for a more repeatable shoulder mobility routine.  There are exercises in that series that I find to be really gentle and really great for warming up/cooling down the shoulders and opening up the chest--specifically, the floor chest stretches.

James Strack

Thanks for all the input.  Crazy how bad the shoulder extension gets over the years.  I do a skin the cat or german hangs once a day with the warmup.