This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

L Sit Pull Up - Advice Needed Please

Started by Kevin Bermingham, November 14, 2020 · 16 Replies · 144 Views

Kevin Bermingham

Ciao Coach,

I recently started in the 9 steps of the L sit pull up.  However my progress has stalled to have stalled on Step 5/9 - 4 x 3r.  Out of the 4 sets i was only able get 3 reps once, the other sets i was able to only get 2 reps.  It seems like in this exercise one has to focus on different muscle groups during the beginning and mid range.  Can you please offer some advice as to what should be going through my mind while attempting this exercise.  

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Kevin Bermingham said:

Ciao Coach,

I recently started in the 9 steps of the L sit pull up.  However my progress has stalled to have stalled on Step 5/9 - 4 x 3r.  Out of the 4 sets i was only able get 3 reps once, the other sets i was able to only get 2 reps.  It seems like in this exercise one has to focus on different muscle groups during the beginning and mid range.  Can you please offer some advice as to what should be going through my mind while attempting this exercise.  

HI Kevin, before suggesting something i prefer you posting your form execution in a video. without that, i cannot understand really possible issues.

Kevin Bermingham

I have a couple of videos but i am not sure how i can share them with you.  Any suggestions?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Kevin, i suspect the same problem on the chin-L variation. So I'm going to ask you a side video of the L-chip variation.

 

Kevin Bermingham

I did send a video link of the L-Pull Up.  Were you able to view it?

I believe i misled you with my subject line L Sit.  This was only for B10 L Pull Up

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Kevin Bermingham said:

I did send a video link of the L-Pull Up.  Were you able to view it?

I believe i misled you with my subject line L Sit.  This was only for B10 L Pull Up

Hi Kevin, nope. Here the last of post of you is the one above.

Kevin Bermingham

Gracie per tutto.  Is the problem more one of strength or mobility?  Is there certain mental cues or things i should be thinking about in particular when performing these movements.

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Kevin Bermingham said:

Gracie per tutto.  Is the problem more one of strength or mobility?  Is there certain mental cues or things i should be thinking about in particular when performing these movements.

IS Intermuscular coordination. this means that different body muscles are not strongly coordinated to make the movement fluid..your brain needs time to learn.

Kevin Bermingham

Molto grazie,  I an excited to learn!