This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE4

Started by Awais Muzaffar, November 13, 2020 · 15 Replies · 159 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Hey coaches, here is my (FL/PE4) hollow body rock video.

I'm still unsure how fast or how big the rocking should be.

Thanks.
 

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey coaches, here is my (FL/PE4) hollow body rock video.

I'm still unsure how fast or how big the rocking should be.

Thanks.
 

HI Awais, generally speaking angles do not change and this is good. Are your legs straddle about 90°?

Awais Muzaffar

Thank you, in a straddle hold, I can hold legs at 90°, however in a rocking motion I do tend to lose that a bit, so I need to make of an effort to tidy this up.

Awais Muzaffar

I'm struggling on this one to get to 60 reps. This is my latest video (side view) - I got 46 in that - I don't know how I get to 60 reps with 5 sets on this.

Perhaps, there is a fault in my technique...

Alessandro Mainente

Generally speaking, you should be able to stop the video in one of the seconds...and every time the angle between upper and lower body should be the same. Personally i find that legs are too high when you roll on the back.

Awais Muzaffar

Yeah... the legs do seem high... I'll tidy that up and make sure angles remain constant... And finally I shall keep working on endurance.

Thanks, I'll be busy on this one to acheive the 5 sets of 60 with good form!

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey coaches,

This is me aiming for 60 reps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kaPSovJT8A

What do you think?

Thanks,
 

All the reps are the same and this is good....can i answer you to show me 10-15 seconds of the tuck hollow body hold?

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Sure here is the tuck hollow body hold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b54ilGOC-w

Hey Awais, the main problem with your rocks comes from her. look at the pic below.

hb.png

Notice that compared to your form:

- the upper spine is left from the floor;

-neck is neutral;

-scapulae do not touch the floor, maybe only the lower part but probably no;

- basically your spine is not e ough flexed;

-we should fix it first.

Awais Muzaffar

Oh yes - I see the problem, lack of flexion.

Okay I'm now trying to make those corrections: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA-oSIzBNsg

- I realised looking back, I should be looking at the ceiling, so the neck is more neutral.

Alessandro Mainente

Better..for sure i would revisit the tuck variation.

Awais Muzaffar

Thanks - I'll follow your advice.

Awais Muzaffar

Hey,

I think I realised my mistake, check this video 

) feel like I'm rolling better now.

Thank you!

PS: tuck variation

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey,

I think I realised my mistake, check this video 

) feel like I'm rolling better now.

Thank you!

PS: tuck variation

 

NIcely done.

Awais Muzaffar

Glad to hear!