This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

around the world form check

Started by Marco Ogliengo, November 13, 2020 · 5 Replies · 68 Views

Marco Ogliengo

Hi, 

Just discovered Around the World and it was instant-love, amazing workout. 

  • Am I doing it properly? Any form corrections?
  • what is the minimum weight for mastery? and what is the long-term target weight? 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VU84HyRShiDoheeKA

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Marco Ogliengo said:

Hi, 

Just discovered Around the World and it was instant-love, amazing workout. 

  • Am I doing it properly? Any form corrections?
  • what is the minimum weight for mastery? and what is the long-term target weight? 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VU84HyRShiDoheeKA

Hey Marco, try to avoid bending from the knees, hold them locked...bending should come from the upper spine and bit o lower.

Marco Ogliengo

Hi Alessandro, 

Thank you very much.

  • Is this better? https://photos.app.goo.gl/u3GswhDqVZt3qFAT8 
  • Also, looking at the example video in course material, is seems to me that the athlete, on the way down, is leaning ~20-30° forward, while I try to keep the whole movement on a single plane as much as possible (bend sideways, not forward)... am I wrong? should I lean forward more like the athlete?
  • what is the minimum weight for mastery? and what is the long-term target weight? 
Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Marco Ogliengo said:

Hi Alessandro, 

Thank you very much.

  • Is this better? https://photos.app.goo.gl/u3GswhDqVZt3qFAT8 
  • Also, looking at the example video in course material, is seems to me that the athlete, on the way down, is leaning ~20-30° forward, while I try to keep the whole movement on a single plane as much as possible (bend sideways, not forward)... am I wrong? should I lean forward more like the athlete?
  • what is the minimum weight for mastery? and what is the long-term target weight? 

Yes you should, the most important thing here is a range of motion first...then with 5 kg you should be ok.

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/3/2021 at 6:34 PM, Marco Ogliengo said:

Took me a while to get back to this as I broke my arm :(

Is this good? I'm focusing on not bending the legs. https://photos.app.goo.gl/SgG4A7YPMRZD1jvu8 

 

@Alessandro Mainente

Very nice.