This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3 Form check

Started by Awais Muzaffar, November 11, 2020 · 16 Replies · 314 Views

Awais Muzaffar

HBP/PE3 (Pseudo Planche Pushup) form check:

My most recent attempt /

- I'm trying to keep the lean at all times
- Trying to keep the body as a single unit when moving up and down 

- My chest needs to touch the floor
- I think could do with more protraction at the top

Thanks guys!

PS: HBP/PE2 for reference.

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

HBP/PE3 (Pseudo Planche Pushup) form check:

My most recent attempt /

- I'm trying to keep the lean at all times
- Trying to keep the body as a single unit when moving up and down 

- My chest needs to touch the floor
- I think could do with more protraction at the top

Thanks guys!

PS: HBP/PE2 for reference.

Hi Awais, in order to be sure that enough basic strength is achieved on easier pushing variation i'm gonna ask you to post 20 reps in a row of normal pushup (PE2).

A few suggestions meanwhile for PE3:

-never work with fingers backward. fingers stay forward or something like 45° turned out;

- the amount of protraction at the top is not enough;

- at the bottom, all the lower body and the upper body touches the floor.

Awais Muzaffar

Thanks for your feedback, here are 20 push-ups

Alessandro Mainente

HI Awais, well stop at 39 seconds and compare the body alignment with the first 3 reps of your set. can you notice differences?

To me appears that at the top there is a lack of protraction in the resting position in between the reps and a reduction of the hips estension. my suggestion is staying here until all the reps are all with the same technical form. probably you are enough strong to begin from 4x9r.

Awais Muzaffar

Okay thanks! Here is a video with 9 reps. Does this look better?

I'm now making an effort to protract a fair amount on the top of each rep. I must admit so much focus on protracting each rep does get tiring.

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Okay thanks! Here is a video with 9 reps. Does this look better?

I'm now making an effort to protract a fair amount on the top of each rep. I must admit so much focus on protracting each rep does get tiring.

Thanks!

Now is better, then is the time to correct the hips flexion. notice that at the bottom your quads do not touch the floor....trust me....they can.

Awais Muzaffar

Ah yes, I see what you mean about the quads. I previously had a tendancy to pike on the bottom position; I need to fix it even more as you are saying.

Again thanks for your feedback, I now have some homework to do, before I move on further!

Awais Muzaffar

Ok, from today's upper body session. video of 9 push-ups trying to protract at the top and then get the quads to touch the floor at the bottom position.

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work! as you can see..correction over corrections..

Awais Muzaffar

Great to hear! Lesson for me is how important it is to build that solid foundation from the basics.

Awais Muzaffar

Hey, I have a quick question...

As I get past 12 reps, and as I get to my later sets, the strong protraction I can create (at the top) starts decreasing.

Is this because the scapula get tired out? So is the purpose of this PE is to create endurance/strength in this area.

What I don't want to do is to start rushing to the PPPU variation or even further to then struggle because I didn't address the basic needs.

Thanks as usual!
 

Awais Muzaffar

Hi Alessandro, I was playing around with my form infront of a mirror video here

Is this protraction acceptable, I'm trying to keep hollow body and protraction on down and up.

Alessandro Mainente

yes , is better.

Awais Muzaffar

I'm finally doing the PPPU (taking all the lessons learned from the previous PE2).

Here is the initial attempt 

Looking back, I was convinced my lean is not enough (around 68-70 degrees in the top position).

Thanks as always.

Awais Muzaffar

Hey Alessandro, been working on hard on this.

Here is a video of me doing 5 reps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-0dROsNIGg 

These were my later sets, so there will be fatigue; I did so many sets today as I was trying to make alot of adjustments.

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/21/2020 at 4:29 PM, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey Alessandro, been working on hard on this.

Here is a video of me doing 5 reps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-0dROsNIGg 

These were my later sets, so there will be fatigue; I did so many sets today as I was trying to make alot of adjustments.

Thank you!

Its very strange to me say.........very good BUT...keep the feet together!

Awais Muzaffar

Oh yeah, I don't know why I had my feet apart. I'll fix that! Thank you.