This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lower Body A8

Started by Florian Sagstetter, November 5, 2020 · 3 Replies · 59 Views

Florian Sagstetter

Hi,

I am currently working on my Speed Skater Squat. However, I am struggling with my balance and have to lean forward quite a bit to get the bent knee down to the floor. Would be great to get some tips on how to improve.

Thanks in advance!
Florian

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Florian Sagstetter said:

Hi,

I am currently working on my Speed Skater Squat. However, I am struggling with my balance and have to lean forward quite a bit to get the bent knee down to the floor. Would be great to get some tips on how to improve.

Thanks in advance!
Florian

 

Hey Florian , the goal here is trying to reduce as much as you can with the help of the opposite side. notice that when you begin to step back from the bottom position you lift the knee first then the instep. on the opposite I want to ask you to lift the ankle first...then raise the knee.

Florian Sagstetter

Hi Alessandro,

been trying to implement your suggestion to left the knee after the ankle for a while and I am slowly getting better with my stability. What do you think am I on the right track?

https://youtu.be/ZL1rNsSrOPo

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Florian Sagstetter said:

Hi Alessandro,

been trying to implement your suggestion to left the knee after the ankle for a while and I am slowly getting better with my stability. What do you think am I on the right track?

https://youtu.be/ZL1rNsSrOPo

You got it.