This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pseudo Planche Pushup issue

Started by Nikola Mileta, November 4, 2020 · 9 Replies · 157 Views

Nikola Mileta

As I progressed through the pushup routines I found it quite easy since I was comfortable with pushups and last level of 5x15 was not a problem. Good form and everything.

I can hold a plank, both elbow and straight arm for several 30 second sets. I practice hollow body hold and front support daily before every workout.

But when I progressed from normal pushups to pseudo planche ones I hit a wall. It feels so hard. Even doing 2 or 3 seem like a problem. I can feel my form is not good and I have big problems even in the beginner phase of pseudo planche pushup. I think my weakest link is arm strength since I feel lots of pain in forearm and biceps. The arm position for pseudo planche pushup is new to me and I think this is stopping me from doing it properly.

Any suggestions how to strengthen body or what to do to be able to do them properly? 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Nikola Mileta said:

As I progressed through the pushup routines I found it quite easy since I was comfortable with pushups and last level of 5x15 was not a problem. Good form and everything.

I can hold a plank, both elbow and straight arm for several 30 second sets. I practice hollow body hold and front support daily before every workout.

But when I progressed from normal pushups to pseudo planche ones I hit a wall. It feels so hard. Even doing 2 or 3 seem like a problem. I can feel my form is not good and I have big problems even in the beginner phase of pseudo planche pushup. I think my weakest link is arm strength since I feel lots of pain in forearm and biceps. The arm position for pseudo planche pushup is new to me and I think this is stopping me from doing it properly.

Any suggestions how to strengthen body or what to do to be able to do them properly? 

Hi NIkola, i have noticed in your post history that you have never posted an execution of your pushup. so my first request is if I can see 15 pushups, side view if possible.

Nikola Mileta

Ok. Give me few days until i record a video.

Nikola Mileta

I uploaded video to my YouTube. Here is the link

https://youtu.be/RhWeZs6o48g

 

I did 15 pushups in the end of my workout when I was already fatigued a bit. I didn't wanna do ti in the beginning because that would be too easy.

I try to protract my shoulders in top part. I notice that on some reps my lower back hang due to fatigue.

Also, recently i realized I have APT and now I'm working on it and it's visible in my pushups.

When i do pseudo planche ones i feel my arms and wrists don't have the strength to support me. And my lower back sag after 3-4 reps.

I am eager to hear your thoughts.

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/21/2020 at 10:54 AM, Nikola Mileta said:

I uploaded video to my YouTube. Here is the link

https://youtu.be/RhWeZs6o48g

 

I did 15 pushups in the end of my workout when I was already fatigued a bit. I didn't wanna do ti in the beginning because that would be too easy.

I try to protract my shoulders in top part. I notice that on some reps my lower back hang due to fatigue.

Also, recently i realized I have APT and now I'm working on it and it's visible in my pushups.

When i do pseudo planche ones i feel my arms and wrists don't have the strength to support me. And my lower back sag after 3-4 reps.

I am eager to hear your thoughts.

Hi NIkola, probably the video is "private" because is not accessible.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi NIkola, still private.

Nikola Mileta

I'm sorry. Try now.

 

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Nikola Mileta said:

I'm sorry. Try now.

 

Hey Nikola, i think that we must work on this variation by applying these corrections:

1- range of motion: touching the floor is imperative;

2- stop in the top plank position for 1'' in between the reps;

3 - alignment: in the top position hips are higher than shoulders..they should be lower than the shoulder.

Nikola Mileta

I agree with the touching the floor. I always thought I am few cm from the floor, but now when I see a video I realize it is much more than few cm.

Regarding hips, they probably go high because of shoulder protraction and my fear that the hips will sag because of weaker/tighter lower back. Will work on it.

 

Thank you