I've seen this skill on Youtube before but can't find the video now. Is this mostly flexibility or technique? I have a hard time torquing my body that way, but maybe I'm not doing it right. Any tips?
ZxrdHNRJqIY
Started by jamesters, June 3, 2010 · 8 Replies · 2,269 Views
I've seen this skill on Youtube before but can't find the video now. Is this mostly flexibility or technique? I have a hard time torquing my body that way, but maybe I'm not doing it right. Any tips?
ZxrdHNRJqIY
Ask Ido Portal.
Jutajata would be the guy to also assist here.
If you were to go with bent elbows it looks to me to be Side Crow pose. You might try starting there and move from that to your straight arm, one arm version.
Reminds me of your earlier one hand handstand posting. I think it the same problem you're not shifting your weight over the one hand. It looks like you are thinking your body should remain in the same spot with one hand or two. Check Ido's reply to that post, and keep moving your hips to the outside of the arm as you work this.
The one thing i'm amazed by though is how strong your elbows are to be able to all your weight on them like that wether you hold the balance or not. :shock:
Mr Brady said:Reminds me of your earlier one hand handstand posting. I think it the same problem you're not shifting your weight over the one hand. It looks like you are thinking your body should remain in the same spot with one hand or two. Check Ido's reply to that post, and keep moving your hips to the outside of the arm as you work this.The one thing i'm amazed by though is how strong your elbows are to be able to all your weight on them like that wether you hold the balance or not. :shock:
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!
Blairbob said:Ask Ido Portal.
Okay. Hey, Ido, what's the name of this skill and how do I do it!?!?! :oops:
Aw man, I thought I came up with that! :/ Well, I can't do it anyways.
It's far harder than it looks, for all you who haven't tried it.
I'm working on a similar thing for breakdancing... Where you do that position with one hand on top of the other and spin in a tucked version of that move. It's pretty cool. I haven't found a place I can spin on with it yet, but my wrist flexibility lets me get to about 270 degrees. I'll edit this in a few minutes and add a video of what I'm talking about.
b6Ci_EUujkM
PS: The carpet is Berber. It hurts to slide on.
jamesters said:Blairbob said:Ask Ido Portal.Okay. Hey, Ido, what's the name of this skill and how do I do it!?!?! :oops:
It doesn't seem to be working, I still can't do the skill. Maybe I need to become a Christian? Some Christians told me through the power of Jesus Christ, anything is possible.
lololol
You should take a picture of your attempt and we can see from there.
Have you tried it tucked?
jamesters said:It doesn't seem to be working, I still can't do the skill. Maybe I need to become a Christian? Some Christians told me through the power of Jesus Christ, anything is possible.
Genuinely the funniest thing I've encountered all week. I think biblical references to IC would be step to far though...(please nobody go there!)
Anyway, I tried this on the floor a few times. I remembered something from beast skills about how best to cheat at an Lsit walk-planting the wrist/forearm in the glute/ham borderline. I tried that out and my "holds" seemed a little bit more stable before I fell over. No idea is that actually works(my wrist tells me not to try again until tomorrow), just throwing idea's around.