This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Upper Body - C3

Started by Florian Sagstetter, November 1, 2020 · 9 Replies · 123 Views

Florian Sagstetter

Hi,

it would be great to get some feedback on the execution of my Plank.

Thanks in advance,

Florian

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Florian Sagstetter said:

Hi,

it would be great to get some feedback on the execution of my Plank.

Thanks in advance,

Florian

 

Hey Florian , we can begin adding correction for the hips positioning, they should be on the same straight line running from the heels to the shoulders...basically push the hips closer to the ground.

Florian Sagstetter

Hi Alessandro,

thanks for the tip!

Is this better?

 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Florian Sagstetter said:

Hi Alessandro,

thanks for the tip!

Is this better?

 

Again, very nice! the last goal...keep the shoulder away from the ears always while holding protraction.

Florian Sagstetter

Hi Alessandro,

Great, thanks for the feedback. 

For keeping the shoulders from the ears I am still struggling between amplitude of protraction and distance between ears and shoulders, as you can see at the beginning of the video.

Is the distance I settled for in the video going into the right direction or should I aim for keeping the shoulders as far as possible from the ears and start building my protraction up from this position?

 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Florian Sagstetter said:

Hi Alessandro,

Great, thanks for the feedback. 

For keeping the shoulders from the ears I am still struggling between amplitude of protraction and distance between ears and shoulders, as you can see at the beginning of the video.

Is the distance I settled for in the video going into the right direction or should I aim for keeping the shoulders as far as possible from the ears and start building my protraction up from this position?

 

My personal suggestion is achieving the maximum protraction with shoulders elevated and then slowly increase the protraction. if you film yourself from the side and you see that with normal execution speed you lose the protraction then this is a sign that your brain does not know what is protraction with depression and the only solution is doing it slowly...i mean that one rep can count for 10''.

Florian Sagstetter

Hi Alessandro,

thank you for the tip. Took me a few training sessions to get used to the movement and I feel that I am making progress. What do you think about the current execution?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/5/2020 at 6:30 PM, Florian Sagstetter said:

Hi Alessandro,

thanks for the tip!

Is this better?

 

I'm quoting this again because compared to your last video..this one above is definitely better in terms of thoracic activation.

Florian Sagstetter

Hi Alessandro,

What do you think about my current execution?

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Florian Sagstetter said:

Hi Alessandro,

What do you think about my current execution?

 

Hey Florian, get used to the 9'' mark position...only the 9 seconds...