This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

B1 Incline row form check

Started by Alex Simon, October 28, 2020 · 16 Replies · 129 Views

Alex Simon

Hello,

I would like to know if my incline rows are good.

thanks,

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 minutes ago, Alex Simon said:

Hello,

I would like to know if my incline rows are good.

thanks,

 

Hey Alex, the body position is good, 2 corrections for the rest:

1) do not elevate the shoulders at the bottom of the rep;

2) reduce the speed of the first part of the movement.

Alex Simon

Does this look better?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice adjustment, Alex! Remember to keep a strong posterior pelvic tilt (PPT) and engaged core muscles throughout your set.

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Alex Simon said:

Does this look better?

 

Hey Alex, adding something to Jeffrey's suggestion, notice that from the course video the grip moves from pronated to supinated at the top of the rep.

Alex Simon

Check.

in the first video I was doing that but now I was so focused on the shoulders I forgot. The same for the hips that Jeffrey mentioned.

Thanks

Alex Simon

Hello,

Here's an update.

Could you give some feedback on the form?

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Good job focusing on the hips and the hand position. Remember to engage your core muscles to help keep your ribs pulled in.

Alex Simon
39 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Good job focusing on the hips and the hand position. Remember to engage your core muscles to help keep your ribs pulled in.

Thanks for the tip. 

Alex Simon

Hello,

I would like a form check on the incline row.

 

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Alex Simon said:

Hello,

I would like a form check on the incline row.

 

Hey Alex,  out of my curiosity, can you provide a full back view?

Alex Simon

@Alessandro Mainente

Here is the back side view.

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Alex Simon said:

@Alessandro Mainente

Here is the back side view.

 

Thanks...my suspect was right. at the top, you tend to elevate a bit the left shoulders. try to reduce the gap or you will have the same problem in the latter works. For now, is less relevant but as you progress you cannot have asymmetrical shoulder positioning (e.g. in the pullup).

Alex Simon

Yes, I can see it now. I did not notice it before.

Some background info: I do tend to build up some muscle tension in the left shoulder area after the Upper body foundation session and I can not seem to reduce it some how.

For now I will focusing on depressing my shoulders in the entire movement.

Any tips on reducing the muscle tension in the left shoulder?

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Alex Simon said:

Yes, I can see it now. I did not notice it before.

Some background info: I do tend to build up some muscle tension in the left shoulder area after the Upper body foundation session and I can not seem to reduce it some how.

For now I will focusing on depressing my shoulders in the entire movement.

Any tips on reducing the muscle tension in the left shoulder?

The most productive way is thinking to activate more the muscles on that side. If your "normal condition2under work is having asymmetrical shoulder positioning then you should strive to feel the left shoulder more activated, more depressed than the right. i the long term there are no magic exercises but only correcting technique directly.

Alex Simon

@Alessandro Mainente

Hi Alessandro,

Last 2 weeks I focused a lot on depressing the shoulders. I think i see a bit improved but it is very hard to see.

Could you give me your opinion? Thanks.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Alex Simon said:

@Alessandro Mainente

Hi Alessandro,

Last 2 weeks I focused a lot on depressing the shoulders. I think i see a bit improved but it is very hard to see.

Could you give me your opinion? Thanks.

 

 

IT IS BETTER...now look at the end of every rep that the right scapula moves a bit more when you return in the bottom position. Hold it in the depression.