This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE8 > iM

Started by Leigh Cambre, October 23, 2020 · 4 Replies · 30 Views

Leigh Cambre

Just checking in on this mobility to see what I need to improve.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

As you do this one, make your straddle wider while trying to hit a stronger APT. 

Leigh Cambre

Sorry, what's an APT?

Benjamin Haas

Anterior pelvic tilt.   This is a quote from when Coach Sommer was on the Tim Ferriss podcast:

Tim Ferriss: And for people who need a way to visualize this because I realize a lot of this vocab is new, and Coach, feel free to interrupt at any point, but an easy way to think about and remember anterior pelvic tilt is imagine your waist is the top of a wine glass.

If you have anterior pelvic tilt to the front, you’re going to be pouring wine out the front of that glass, basically, out of your belly button. If you have posterior pelvic tilt, you’re tucking that tailbone; you’re going to be pouring wine, basically, down your sacrum, down the back of your body. It’s just an easy way for me to remember.

Coach Sommer: That is clever. I’ve got to say, 40 years of national team, and I’ve never heard it described that way. It may be our go to definition from now on.

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:

Sorry, what's an APT?

Basically is when you stand and you push your hips on the back while squeezing the lower back muscles.