This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A1: Incline push-up form check.

Started by Alex Simon, October 21, 2020 · 9 Replies · 85 Views

Alex Simon

Hello there,

Could you please check my form?

I started over again so I do not miss anything when I progress.

Thank you.

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work, Alex! Good job focusing on strong PPT during your push up. Be careful not to let your lower back arch at the bottom of your reps. At the top of your reps you are doing a good job of focusing on protraction, however, you are also picking too much hollow in addition to shrugging/elevating your shoulders. Keep in mind that protraction is the lateral movement of the scapula and not the rounding of the back. Try to keep your mid back flat at the top of your reps. Also, try to keep your shoulders in a neutral position away from your ears.

Alex Simon

Thanks for your feedback Jeffrey. Going to work on fine-tuning it.

Alex Simon

@Jeffrey Bittner Is this the correct adjustment. 

I noticed, half way in, that I was piking a bit with the hips.

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 minutes ago, Alex Simon said:

@Jeffrey Bittner Is this the correct adjustment. 

I noticed, half way in, that I was piking a bit with the hips.

 

Good input for reducing the piking is to think about pushing the hips forward.

Meanwhile, try to focus more on depression...this is the first goal.

Alex Simon

Hello,

Here's an update.

Could you please check my form

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Alex Simon said:

Hello,

Here's an update.

Could you please check my form

 

 

 

Hey alex, generally speaking, is better. Now slow down the speed in the first part of the ascent part focusing on feeling depressed.

Alex Simon

Ok, I am going to focus on that.

Thanks you

Alex Simon

@Alessandro Mainente

Hey, I would like a form check on the incline push-up.

 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Alex Simon said:

@Alessandro Mainente

Hey, I would like a form check on the incline push-up.

 

Hey Alex, always remember to not reaching a position where you can easily rest, this defines the difference between a good incline pushup and excessive vertical pushup.