I've decided to try the Uberman Sleep Schedule during my summer break... I'd like to see how it affects me, and maybe I could make generalizations on how it affects young people (as I'm only 16).
I'm not going to make a blog, but, I would definitely talk about it a lot.
Basically: Polyphasic sleep is where you sleep two or more times a day. The Uberman Schedule requires you to take 20 minute naps four hours apart constantly. You would have FAR more time on your hands, and it seems the successful people gain healthier habits and food cravings without consciously trying to alter diets/habits. As I've read, it doesn't affect recovery after exercise and people claim to have more vivid dreams as well as a healthier mental status.
These are the resources I gathered for you all to look at to help explain it better:
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/1 ... sic-sleep/
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/4/15/103358/720
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphasic_sleep (Wikipedia is not an unreliable source >
I find it very useful)