Start of Rings

Started by kwarny, June 2, 2010 · 3 Replies · 1,832 Views

kwarny

I have been off the rings this year at college and noticed decreases in my strength (also from lack of sleep, and no scheduled working out). I spent three weeks of preparatory work since I could not hold a straight arm support. I am planning on two 6 week training sessions with posting my ring progress.

I felt sort of lethargic today but recorded anyway. This is my reference ring routine. My flexibility is horrible :D and my arms are not always completely locked (planche - puts pressure on elbows but each week the comfort and straight arm strength increases (about 190 degree angle for me :mrgreen: ) My stamina appears to be low since each strength element seems short when I do a ring series with worse technique and unstable rings.

Yi8E9901xHc

Three weeks ago I was not able to even attempt a straddle front lever.

jrhMkTTed3U

Arms slightly sticking to sides.

tWKNJ-fn1kA

Planche - Arms usually locked the first attempt but planche strength decreases quickly so arms not the straightest in clip.

l9jmsBXZKhI

Two videos of my support. Broke my left elbow (white bracelet - Mac) near growth plate in 3rd grade so it appears slightly different.

QUyZeusHE8w -wj2Fo605k4

Any critique, advice, and comments are welcome :) More the better, be stern. And hopefully after 6 weeks you will not have as many negative comments. If anyone has a better ring series I should try please tell!

Blairbob

Good, the dip looked a bit sketchy but I think you know what you need to work on as far as doing what you need to do.

Quite possibly keeping your legs together in the support may cause you to not move around. Or maybe it will be just as difficult.

kwarny

Thanks for your comment. Keeping my legs pressed together helped with my support. Reminds me that I need to tighten the rest of my body for every element.

I knew someone would catch it :D . It was not a dip, I fell ha ha.

Blairbob

Ahh, sometimes that happens to me as well when I lower from shoulderstand to L-sit. My arms will bend or turn in.