This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE4

Started by Leigh Cambre, October 14, 2020 · 3 Replies · 32 Views

Leigh Cambre

The only reason I’m posting about this is because of the “follow along” video. They move at a rate that is about 1.5x the speed I’m able to do it. I wonder if, like when I do front handsprings, it’s just going to be different because I’m 6’3” and have a whole lot of leg. This rocking feels awkward for me. 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

You are picking up some arch in your lower back which is why your rocks tend to 'clunk' back and forth. Before beginning your rocks, try to hit a solid hollow body position by curling your shoulder blades a bit higher off the floor while simultaneously pressing your lower back into the ground. Once your position is set you can begin your rocks.

Leigh Cambre

Let me make sure I'm understanding you. When you say I'm "picking up some arch", does that mean I'm effectively uncurling? That I need to stay curled harder? I don't understand "arch" in this context.

Jeffrey Bittner

Yes, that's correct. Your lower spine is moving towards a more lordotic position.