Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tell us about the seminar!

Neal Winkler

Joshua Naterman

LOL@Aush!

Yes, Coach looked like he won a prize lol! I've been eating much better over the past few months and it really makes a huge difference! All I can say is lots of coconut oil/milk, cruciferous veggies and good meat a happy, strong body make! I've gotten away from the coconut oil for a month and I'm not happy about it, so I've started back up and I am feeling better already, even though it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. What is the Paleo challenge?

Edit: Obviously, I know it's a challenge for eating paleo for some period of time. Don't face palm me lol!

Aushion Chatman

@Sliz,

Anyone on the boards can do the challenge it was more just Ido playing around in only the way he can...

The "gauntlet was thrown" just before the rest of you all got to the dinner...

So, you know how ripped Nebraska (Jeff) is...Ido jokingly told Jeff he needed to not eat crappy foods (as I guess he had ordered a cheese burger or something like that the previous night). So Jeff told Ido he would eat clean by the time he saw him next.

So I am just throwing my name in that hat too...Sept to May is a LONG time, so I should be feeling much better after eating well for that period of time.

Joshua Naterman

I'll do that too! I'm already getting myself cleaned up! Aside from this strawberry milkshake, that is... :oops: It's home made though!

But seriously, I'll get on that too. I think I'll be like a taller version of (Nebraska) Jeff in a few years. It's going to be pretty crazy.

Yea Jeff, me too! I'm going to watch that sugar video soon too, my girlfriend is interested too! I think we will get to that this weekend.

The seminar was absolutely fantastic, and well worth the 20 hour plane flight, mild case of food poisoning and the cold i caught.

The Coach is one of those rare individuals who can bring out the best in people by letting them be themselves. The atmosphere is 100 pressure free, everyone was free to participate at their level without in any way feeling bad, and the guys who were really doing awesome things, were also the most supportive people in the group. The group was amazing, we walked in 30 or so strangers and all went out friends.

I personally was able to do a few things i'd never managed before, thanks to the help and support of the magnificent staff. Even being under the weather for most of the seminar, this left me feeling on top of the world. I can only imagine how those doing higher level skills this time felt.

In particular i want to give a high five to Shin and Orench for being the two gentlest giants i've had the pleasure to meet.

Amongst everyone it was also my great pleasure to meet Jon Hinds, and the lovely Jessica from Lifeline makers of the greatest bands on the planet, to see Ido and ridiculous skills (and his 'crew' who often managed to outshine him) and zany sense of humor, the sweet and determined Carmen, and last but not least the Slizz who proved he could hang with the best of them. Well really i could just list the whole roster here, of course Corey who knows why, Billy the man with the heart of gold, the list goes on.....

Of course all this without good material is nothing more than a party, but the material is there, and its very very clear. Its also clear that there is much more material than is possible to cover. But what we did cover was very complete and in depth with full progressions being given to get one from point A to Z.

• Upvote 1

Aushion Chatman

It's Orench...and yeah him and Shin are beasts but incredibly humble and sincere guys...

The awesome thing about the GB culture Coach has inspired is the community...

• 2 months later...

For those that attended the May seminar, my notes have finally been finished. If you attended the seminar and want to see my notes, send me your email via PM. I could probably re-edit them more but I just wanted to get them done as I have very limited computer time anymore, well basically since July.

Possibly, I do not know. I would wait till after the European seminar as the seminar is an "alive" thing. I would also prefer to have some confirmation that whoever attendee actually was there.

I'm not sure if it would/could be extended to seminar attendees before May 2010. Not my say, really.

Yeah of course I thought that once I come back from the seminar it would be cool to see other peoples notes as there might be things I've missed or that we didn't cover.

Yep, I wasn't at the last one so I do not know if it was presented any differently. I was told that the one I went to in May had evolved from the very first one that was done and so forth.

Joshua Naterman

Definitely a different presentation. We went way further in some areas and not as far in some others. I think the group as a whole was much more physically capable than May's group, though May's group was in good shape, and this led us in certain directions.

Joshua Naterman

Absolutely! It doesn't make much sense to give people information they are clearly not ready for. In May we didn't even touch the subject of advanced ring strength, but in September we went into some supplementary training and how to transition because of how strong the group as a whole was. Granted, none of us were ready to DO much of that just yet, but we required less work on some of the more basic stuff so the time was there. Of course we did not do anywhere near as much on the stall bars compared to May, which was unfortunate. We also spent a lot more time on handstand development, I think.

Joshua Naterman

You guys have some serious strength going on, and for guys like you there will almost certainly be some extra instruction on the side while the others are doing less advanced steps. That is typically how things have run in the last two seminars. I think you will not be disappointed!

Alvaro Antolinez

My level is so low I think the most I'll get profit is from prehab! Also this year has been awfull in injuries:( some of the for over entusiasm!. Anyway I'll take notes for the months coming.

Joshua Naterman

Yes. I have something crazy like 50+ pages of notes from the two seminars, and my first seminar I wrote nearly 40 of those. Bring a notebook.

Joshua Naterman

And you just recently finished typing them! Wow... I haven't been working very hard on typing mine... that's going to take forever.

No, not really. It's been more of an issue of access to a computer, having enough time to type them besides getting through my email and basic i-net usage; and my life from June to August and August to now. It's been pretty crazy as my computer is in storage as I've been moving around so my ability to get on a computer is spotty besides having enough time to sit down.

Nicholas Sortino

Coach gave the go ahead for you guys to share your notes with those who were at the European Seminar, but of course feel free to confirm that and who was there. I believe Razz has decent compilation of a few peoples notes and would be more than happy to share what we learned here with you guys as well.

I just want to say what an awesome community this is and I hope I make it out the next two Seminars as well before I deploy. I would love to meet more of you guys.

the only way to confirm that is by posting on the forum, at least, of course.

send email by PM. It's a very small file. Text/Notepad.

• 10 months later...
  • Coach Sommer unpinned this topic