This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

1/2 press one

Started by Geonho Lee, October 11, 2020 · 20 Replies · 179 Views

Geonho Lee

and

I found that I felt more comfortable when I tried it with those way(2,3) Is it okay if I use that kind of stepbox?

and check please! thank you

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

and

I found that I felt more comfortable when I tried it with those way(2,3) Is it okay if I use that kind of stepbox?

and check please! thank you

Not bad at all...now in order to reduce the lean you MUST improve your pancake stretch with legs not more than 90° straddled.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Wow Geonho, impressive and inspirational to see how fast you are improving, keep up the good work!

Geonho Lee
2 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Wow Geonho, impressive and inspirational to see how fast you are improving, keep up the good work!

oh.. thank you so much! coaches here in gst have helped me a lot! If it weren't for them, I think I couldn've!

Geonho Lee
On 10/12/2020 at 3:15 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Not bad at all...now in order to reduce the lean you MUST improve your pancake stretch with legs not more than 90° straddled.

this is how I perform the pancake, what do you think about it?

 

and PE that I tried today

 

since I paid more attention to like the pancake between the sets, I felt like It would be kind of easier for me to perform the press. but your opinion is definitely more important to me.

 

check please!

Alessandro Mainente
30 minutes ago, Geonho Lee said:

this is how I perform the pancake, what do you think about it?

 

and PE that I tried today

 

since I paid more attention to like the pancake between the sets, I felt like It would be kind of easier for me to perform the press. but your opinion is definitely more important to me.

 

check please!

2'' mark ..... hold it!!!!!! is very good.

Geonho Lee
On 10/17/2020 at 9:00 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

2'' mark ..... hold it!!!!!! is very good.

Hey, Allensandro! 

lately, I've found myself performing the press one in a little bad form. even if I can do it properly, It's just for like 3 to 4s. so I decided to try to get used to that with a wall.

so.. I was just wondering if It's okay to perform the movement like this video that I uploaded until I get to the point where I can resist it for about 20 to 30s?

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 11/24/2020 at 9:30 AM, Geonho Lee said:

Hey, Allensandro! 

lately, I've found myself performing the press one in a little bad form. even if I can do it properly, It's just for like 3 to 4s. so I decided to try to get used to that with a wall.

so.. I was just wondering if It's okay to perform the movement like this video that I uploaded until I get to the point where I can resist it for about 20 to 30s?

 

Hey Geonho,  i'm sorry but the wall gives you the assistance that you should give with the shoulders.

Geonho Lee
On 11/25/2020 at 5:54 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Geonho,  i'm sorry but the wall gives you the assistance that you should give with the shoulders.

well... I'm not really sure if can resist it for 10s... check please!

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

well... I'm not really sure if can resist it for 10s... check please!

It can take time, you can temporarily try to check your max sec and work with from the half of your max.

Geonho Lee
44 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

It can take time, you can temporarily try to check your max sec and work with from the half of your max.

Ok! and how about the form??

Alessandro Mainente

iT CAN BE IMPROVED WITH THE TIME.

Geonho Lee
On 11/30/2020 at 1:43 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

iT CAN BE IMPROVED WITH THE TIME.

I think I've gotten used to it. and I'd like to hear your take on it!

 

Alessandro Mainente
Just now, Geonho Lee said:

I think I've gotten used to it. and I'd like to hear your take on it!

 

Look at 1'' mark...the position, in this case, is the one you need. so basically a good strategy is not pushing the hold if you tend to move too far from the correct positioning.

Geonho Lee
11 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Look at 1'' mark...the position, in this case, is the one you need. so basically a good strategy is not pushing the hold if you tend to move too far from the correct positioning.

so.. you mean It should feel like I'm just like hanging naturally? I'm not sure I'm saying it right.. but I want to know more exactly.

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

so.. you mean It should feel like I'm just like hanging naturally? I'm not sure I'm saying it right.. but I want to know more exactly.

That you should replicate only the position at 1''.....if working up to 10'' means moving out of these angles....do not work up to 10''...stop early.

Geonho Lee
8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

That you should replicate only the position at 1''.....if working up to 10'' means moving out of these angles....do not work up to 10''...stop early.

I'm sorry to bother you. so you mean I should perform it like this photo?

E3254D0E-6D02-4941-8CD0-08AF1CFB32BE.png

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

I'm sorry to bother you. so you mean I should perform it like this photo?

E3254D0E-6D02-4941-8CD0-08AF1CFB32BE.png

Yes, everything else no. If this does mean begin with 3'' go for 3'' holds.

Geonho Lee
On 1/25/2021 at 5:31 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Yes, everything else no. If this does mean begin with 3'' go for 3'' holds.

I think I made it, coach!! even for like 16s

and I'd like to hear your opinion! 

Alessandro Mainente

Really nice...try to be symmetrical with your legs.

Geonho Lee
12 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Really nice...try to be symmetrical with your legs.

yes!!!