This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent Arm Tuck/Half Straddle Planche Hold

Started by Leigh Cambre, October 8, 2020 · 5 Replies · 82 Views

Leigh Cambre

Like George from a previous post, I’m also having trouble with the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold. I understand the solution suggested in that chain is to start with the Bent Arm Tuck Planche Hold, but I cannot even do that. I have included videos of attempts of both.

I’m 6’3”, which I’m betting plays a part in all of this. Long legs. Also, excuse Timberlake (my cat).

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:

Like George from a previous post, I’m also having trouble with the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold. I understand the solution suggested in that chain is to start with the Bent Arm Tuck Planche Hold, but I cannot even do that. I have included videos of attempts of both.

I’m 6’3”, which I’m betting plays a part in all of this. Long legs. Also, excuse Timberlake (my cat).

 

 

 

Hey Leigh, here you are showing the same mistake of the frog stand...if you do not lean you cannot raise your feet. one common mistake is thinking that is enough to lift the hips...but this is an error because if you lift the hips then your upper body is no longer horizontal...i think you need higher support for your level of strength,

Leigh Cambre

Thanks for the your help on the frog stand. I understand what I need to do there.

For this one, I’m not clear what you’re saying. You mentioned my upper body is no longer horizontal. Are you saying I need to keep my body horizontal? I need to keep my back parallel with the ground? It appears to me in George’s later videos where he is doing the tuck, his head is lower than his butt—there is a forward lean.

When you say I need “higher” support, do you literally mean that I need to raise the grips higher off the ground?

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Leigh Cambre said:

Thanks for the your help on the frog stand. I understand what I need to do there.

For this one, I’m not clear what you’re saying. You mentioned my upper body is no longer horizontal. Are you saying I need to keep my body horizontal? I need to keep my back parallel with the ground? It appears to me in George’s later videos where he is doing the tuck, his head is lower than his butt—there is a forward lean.

When you say I need “higher” support, do you literally mean that I need to raise the grips higher off the ground?

For the second question yes. you need probably higher support.

The body MUST be horizontal always. if George's upper body is horizontal then i'll let him know about that. The hips position should be reached by leaning forward and not by moving the shoulders lower.

Leigh Cambre

This is clear! Thank you.

I want to summarize my understanding so I can feel confident.

So these 2 pictures are are correct because the back is parallel to the floor (even though he's not fully tucked):

2026904059_ScreenShot2020-10-10at6_44_53PM.thumb.png.2868b9b8461898c5d7c6269ed24343e2.png

378472928_ScreenShot2020-10-10at6_44_27PM.thumb.png.d50718e85da1b43b43502bbc8ce94cab.png

 

And these three pictures are not ideal because they are leaning forward too much (back is not parallel to the ground):

 

537048246_ScreenShot2020-10-10at6_43_49PM.png.08819a89965acc69faaebfa31d8012cc.png

241863554_ScreenShot2020-10-10at6_42_46PM.thumb.png.982e510555e41202ee2b5e257b8f16bd.png

1157862713_ScreenShot2020-10-10at6_42_23PM.thumb.png.8b891352c8aad329971fc97fddb084ed.png

 

Am I understanding correctly?

Alessandro Mainente

You got it.....