This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

negative Pull Up

Started by Geonho Lee, October 8, 2020 · 6 Replies · 60 Views

Geonho Lee

I wanted to run it by you!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Work on slowing your reps down. I recommend using a metronome or something similar on your phone so you can be sure you are descending at the right pace. Be careful not to let your body twist or swing off to one side as you lower.

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

I wanted to run it by you!

 

Hey Geonho, adding to Jeffrey suggestion. if you can use a mirror. during the negative you can show your body doing the slowly variable movement to the left..then center again...then left...then center...at the end of the negative your right shoulder is always higher than the left.

Geonho Lee
On 10/9/2020 at 4:53 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Geonho, adding to Jeffrey suggestion. if you can use a mirror. during the negative you can show your body doing the slowly variable movement to the left..then center again...then left...then center...at the end of the negative your right shoulder is always higher than the left.

 

I've actually noticed it too and I've tried to correct the problem ,but well.. I don't know.. my shoulder kept acting that weird. 

so.. I really want to know how i can perform it in the right form and if the reason might be because some kind of anatomical issue like asymmetrical shoulder.

really appreciate that!

@Jeffrey Bittner

Geonho Lee
On 10/9/2020 at 4:53 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Geonho, adding to Jeffrey suggestion. if you can use a mirror. during the negative you can show your body doing the slowly variable movement to the left..then center again...then left...then center...at the end of the negative your right shoulder is always higher than the left.

Today, I tried it again! check please

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Very nice..notice the coordination between the two elbows in the extension phase.

Geonho Lee
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Very nice..notice the coordination between the two elbows in the extension phase.

oh... I'll perform it with that  kind of feel ing thank you!