This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Undergrip Single Bar Dip

Started by Geonho Lee, October 8, 2020 · 10 Replies · 112 Views

Geonho Lee

 

 

 

Check please! I guess I need to increase the range of motion a little bit?

Jeffrey Bittner

You're off to a good start, Geonho. Yes, you still need to dip deeper. Use the mirror to make sure that your shoulders are symmetrical. You can see in your front view that you elevate your left shoulder more than your right during your dip.

Geonho Lee
On 10/9/2020 at 4:43 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

You're off to a good start, Geonho. Yes, you still need to dip deeper. Use the mirror to make sure that your shoulders are symmetrical. You can see in your front view that you elevate your left shoulder more than your right during your dip.

yes.. Do you happen to have any tips to correct it...? I figured my right shoulder is always the problem that causes symmetrical form while I performing dips and pull up as well

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

yes.. Do you happen to have any tips to correct it...? I figured my right shoulder is always the problem that causes symmetrical form while I performing dips and pull up as well

Doing slower reps also with a loop band is the most beneficial way to increase quality. One day you are going to do single rep and more set because you can slow doing one single rep, it helps to take sensibility with a full load of your weight while you try to correct the trajectory. More reps with deload help to perform the correct trajectory more times fixing the correct schema. After about 3-4 years of experimenting on my students i've found that the correct protocol should be:

- slow down the speed with multiple stops when execution is wrong, immediate correction, and then continue with the reps in the negative phase.

-only slow down the speed in the negative phase;

-the negative phase-corrected will help the positive phase which should be done first with normal speed than at full speed.

 

Geonho Lee
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Doing slower reps also with a loop band is the most beneficial way to increase quality. One day you are going to do single rep and more set because you can slow doing one single rep, it helps to take sensibility with a full load of your weight while you try to correct the trajectory. More reps with deload help to perform the correct trajectory more times fixing the correct schema. After about 3-4 years of experimenting on my students i've found that the correct protocol should be:

- slow down the speed with multiple stops when execution is wrong, immediate correction, and then continue with the reps in the negative phase.

-only slow down the speed in the negative phase;

-the negative phase-corrected will help the positive phase which should be done first with normal speed than at full speed.

 

oh... really good advice really... and I was jus wondering, how can I use the loop band?

Geonho Lee
On 10/9/2020 at 4:43 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

You're off to a good start, Geonho. Yes, you still need to dip deeper. Use the mirror to make sure that your shoulders are symmetrical. You can see in your front view that you elevate your left shoulder more than your right during your dip.

@Alessandro Mainente

is there any improvement..? I did my best like 10sets..

 

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

@Alessandro Mainente

is there any improvement..? I did my best like 10sets..

 

 

 

 

 

Look at the 3rd video....do you any difference in the elbows? maybe one is more outside?

Geonho Lee
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Look at the 3rd video....do you any difference in the elbows? maybe one is more outside?

maybe... the left one?? and another things look good?

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Geonho Lee said:

maybe... the left one?? and another things look good?

Yes the left one....keep the work symmetrical using the mirror.

Geonho Lee
On 10/13/2020 at 7:48 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Yes the left one....keep the work symmetrical using the mirror.

I've worked pretty hard... how about this coach?

 

the way I see it... It looks pretty symmetrical, but I want to hear about what you think

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely improved.