solid food / supplement

Started by Rafael David, June 1, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,696 Views

Rafael David

Obviously it would not be a perfect PWO, but solid food like rice, pasta, meat, vegetables, fruits, etc. can be a good PWO if I do not take any supplements? If yes, what do you think the best carbohydrate and protein to the solid PWO? If not, what is the best supplement (only one, because I am out of money :roll: ) for PWO?

Any help is welcome, Coach, Slizzardman, Gregor, Blairbob, Ido, etc too! :D

Neal Winkler

Don't worry about it. The idea that you need fast acting protein and carbs PWO is just marketing hype. If you eat a normal sized meal a couple of hours before working out it will still be digesting during and after your WO.

Just eat a high protein meal with what ever carbs you normally eat and nothing bad will happen to you.

Rafael David

hmm... This is exactly what I do 8) , I eat about 1 hour before training and 15min after the end ... pre-workout is sandwich of turkey breast, tomato, lettuce, cheese and bread, an apple and coffee after a workout is a smoothie with skim milk and Nescau (a chocolate drink powder enriched with vitamins and minerals, the only bad thing is that it has sugar in it, but I think it is good to recover the glycogen :? ) ... any criticism is welcome :D

Neal Winkler

You don't need to eat a smoothie if you don't need too. A solid meal is fine. Also, solid meals digest slower, which evidence now points to slower digestion as being superior.

If you're just doing a 1-1.5 hour gymnastics workout, then glycogen replenishment isn't a concern for you.

Rafael David

I understand ... thanks for your help! 8)