This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Reverse leg lift from headstand

Started by Nathan Wilson, September 30, 2020 · 4 Replies · 67 Views

Nathan Wilson

Hi, i have progressed to stall bar reverse leg lift (doing from headstand). 

The issue I'm having is that I cannot lower my legs with any control at all. There is absolutely zero strength for the muscles responsible for the lowering action.

Any tips??? 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Nathan Wilson said:

Hi, i have progressed to stall bar reverse leg lift (doing from headstand). 

The issue I'm having is that I cannot lower my legs with any control at all. There is absolutely zero strength for the muscles responsible for the lowering action.

Any tips??? 

HI Nathan, can you post a video of your execution?

Nathan Wilson
On 9/30/2020 at 8:49 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Nathan, can you post a video of your execution?

 

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Nathan Wilson said:

 

Hi Nathan, nothing strange with you is simply an execution mistake that without a video was not possible to observe. in fact from the video appears that you move down the legs without leaning with the hips closer to the wall. is a matter of balancing the weight of the legs with the weight of the hips. if something moves out from the center of gravity, something else should move on the opposite part.

Nathan Wilson
8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Nathan, nothing strange with you is simply an execution mistake that without a video was not possible to observe. in fact from the video appears that you move down the legs without leaning with the hips closer to the wall. is a matter of balancing the weight of the legs with the weight of the hips. if something moves out from the center of gravity, something else should move on the opposite part.

Thanks Alessandro, I'll stick at it and perhaps keeps filming myself so I can see my form.

Thanks again!