How's it look?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by James Strack, September 29, 2020 · 5 Replies · 69 Views
How's it look?
Hey James, I recommend rolling off of a more elevated surface. Try aiming for around 6 inches high. As you come out of your roll, be careful not to let your knees flair out to the side as you start to stand up.
@Jeffrey Bittner Do you think having a higher surface will help with the knees, or are you seeing something mobility wise I'm lacking by having a lower surface? I didn't realize my knees did that on that set, but watching I think it's repetition number 2 where it mainly happened right?
Also here is my mobility for it.
Starting from a higher surface will allow you to focus on the knees while also helping you to make the transition between the rolling and squatting portions of the exercise much smoother. On your iM, keep working on elevating your leg more. In addition, as your leg is behind you your knee should be pointing towards the ground. You can see in your video that you maintain the external rotation of the leg throughout your set causing your knee to point to the side. Then, as you bring the leg forward you can externally rotate the hip so that the knee is pointing forward at the front of the movement.
Is this better? Feels easier on my knees.
Good adjustment, James. It looks a lot better!