This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question regarding Progression on Step 9 of Ground Rows

Started by Kevin Bermingham, September 23, 2020 · 2 Replies · 148 Views

Kevin Bermingham

Hello fellow GST enthusiasts.

I am on Step 9/9 of Ground Rows which is 5 x 15 reps.  I can only complete it if take some extra rest (about 30 sec), after sets 2, 3, and 4.  Does this still count as completing the step or do i have to match Mr. Orange and blonde guy to advance?

I have the same issue on some of the other exercises as well once i get to the higher steps.

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Kevin Bermingham said:

Hello fellow GST enthusiasts.

I am on Step 9/9 of Ground Rows which is 5 x 15 reps.  I can only complete it if take some extra rest (about 30 sec), after sets 2, 3, and 4.  Does this still count as completing the step or do i have to match Mr. Orange and blonde guy to advance?

I have the same issue on some of the other exercises as well once i get to the higher steps.

HI Kevin my suggestion is following the coaches' guide. A simple way is reducing the extra rest week over week.

Personal suggestion:

-first approach: take the same ret as the video of the coaches only in between the first and second set, for the rest of the sets take longer rest. if you can complete it the next week go for the same rest of coaches in between the second and third set and use a longer rest after and so on;

-option 2: reduce the rest as an average...so if you take 30''..use 20'' rest always...then week over the week you will reduce the rest.

personally, option one is the best.

-

Kevin Bermingham

Thank you Alessandro