Managing time appropriately

Started by Samuel Lacey, September 23, 2020 · 2 Replies · 256 Views

Samuel Lacey

Hi all,

I'm new to GST but I’m very interested in incorporating the training and mobility work, as my main training for my rock climbing.

I need help figuring out how to organise the program with around training orientated time vs skill (climbing) time through my week to optimise recovery effectively. I have been trying to incorporate the GST into my usual workouts post climbing but I always feel trashed the next day.

Currently I’m training (Mon, Wed, Thurs, Weekends) they’re the only optimal days that fit in after work for me... usually have around 2-3 hours to dedicate to training. (That includes climbing times)

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Samuel Lacey said:

Hi all,

I'm new to GST but I’m very interested in incorporating the training and mobility work, as my main training for my rock climbing.

I need help figuring out how to organise the program with around training orientated time vs skill (climbing) time through my week to optimise recovery effectively. I have been trying to incorporate the GST into my usual workouts post climbing but I always feel trashed the next day.

Currently I’m training (Mon, Wed, Thurs, Weekends) they’re the only optimal days that fit in after work for me... usually have around 2-3 hours to dedicate to training. (That includes climbing times)

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

HI Samuel, what is your level on the foundation's program?

Petra Dvorak

Hi Sam

It depends where you set priorities. I can only tell you about my experiences with bouldering and GST since 4 years:

In phases where i prioritize on bouldering and have projects, i step back a little from GST. On the opposite, when time is too little to go bouldering outdoors, i do not care if i am not so strong on plastic, then i put GST in first place.

I found it helpful to create a monthly tracking sheet similar to "History" here, but with a field for any of my activities (Bouldering, Fingerboard, Cardio=Ko etc) to keep an overview on my overall physical load. This might help you to find out how your body reacts to training and all-day-activities and get proper recovery.

 

IMG_0089.jpg