Breakfast - Alternatice to porridge

Started by finis, June 1, 2010 · 8 Replies · 3,784 Views

finis

As the title of this post indicates, I am looking for an alternative to porridge (Rolled oats + Hot fully skimed milk) which I have been having for breakfast everyday for at least two years now, I've finally read enough and decided that the cons outweigh the pros and oat consumsion and also after looking more into Paleo (Thanks to Ido :D), so it's about time to change my breakfast habits,

What can I eat for breakfast thats not porridge?, or better yet, the ideal breakfast, I assume it will consist of a mix of veggies and meat which sounds nice but any surgestions will be nice,

thanks.

Razz

Omelet or eggs in general

meat

nuts

fruit

veggies

yuri marmerstein

steak and eggs with avacado is excellent

you can also look into quinoa, it is quite good. I recommend soaking it in water overnight before cooking

Nick Van Bockxmeer

usually omelete for me with two slices of bread (grains i know...so kill me) spread with avocado. an orange or some other fruit and veg like celery, capsicum, tomato and handful of nuts, sultanas and some fish oil. sometimes if there is chicken in the fridge i will tuck into that as well.

jl5555

I'm a big advocate of combining a chocolate long john and a Dr. Pepper. Really gets the day going!

Razz
jl5555 said:
I'm a big advocate of combining a chocolate long john and a Dr. Pepper. Really gets the day going!

omg am I really gonna go to America for college.... :shock:

Richard Duelley

I do an egg, ham and cheese omelet and 1 cup of oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder and a dab of honey, and some sort of fruit if I have some on hand and a few tbs of EVOO along with my fish oil and multi vitamin. . . total calories about 1100 :mrgreen:

jl5555
Razz said:
jl5555 said:
I'm a big advocate of combining a chocolate long john and a Dr. Pepper. Really gets the day going!

omg am I really gonna go to America for college.... :shock:

Welcome! You're going to have to pack on a few lbs if you want to fit in! :twisted: