This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Negative Compression Pikes

Started by James Strack, September 21, 2020 · 2 Replies · 67 Views

James Strack

Good Morning,

I found this on my youtube recommendations and it seems like a good idea.  

It looks like the Awaken Gym in Denver was having folks do negative compression pike movements against the wall?

I would think it would be a great finisher exercise to regular compression pikes.  Or is there some other purpose?

 

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, James Strack said:

Good Morning,

I found this on my youtube recommendations and it seems like a good idea.  

It looks like the Awaken Gym in Denver was having folks do negative compression pike movements against the wall?

I would think it would be a great finisher exercise to regular compression pikes.  Or is there some other purpose?

 

Hi James, if done properly this is a terrible strength exercise for the hips flexor. if you are not yet able to perform the first the PE elements for the manna, in the core section, you have low chances to work only with the first variation with a number of reps good for strength and enough range of motion. So for now stay with the gymfit program. there is no necessity to take more and more. it can be a choice that increases the complexity of the program. the more you add the more structured the program must be in order to gain strength.

James Strack

Pretty sure I can't get that high while keeping my upper body forward yet anyway, but found it interesting to see the different version.