This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent hollow body rocks mastery

Started by Iain McLean, September 15, 2020 · 5 Replies · 85 Views

Iain McLean

I have been working on this exercise for far longer than I care to admit.  I finally was able to complete all the reps for step 9 about a month ago.  This is my fifth set from today.  

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Iain McLean said:

I have been working on this exercise for far longer than I care to admit.  I finally was able to complete all the reps for step 9 about a month ago.  This is my fifth set from today.  

 

Hey Iain , nice effort!

Iain McLean
7 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Iain , nice effort!

I never thought that I would hear those words.  I’m going to have a little celebration.

Simon Hoffmann

Hi Iain, what was your strategy for getting through this? I've been stuck on these for a bit! I tend to get 60 for one or maybe two sets but the final 3 drop right down.  5x48 seems doable though.  The breakneck tempo of the sample video seems impossible to match too.  Did you just go back and forth and eventually get it? Or did you adjust your programming? 

 

Iain McLean
12 hours ago, Simon Hoffmann said:

Hi Iain, what was your strategy for getting through this? I've been stuck on these for a bit! I tend to get 60 for one or maybe two sets but the final 3 drop right down.  5x48 seems doable though.  The breakneck tempo of the sample video seems impossible to match too.  Did you just go back and forth and eventually get it? Or did you adjust your programming? 

 

I didn’t adjust my programming too much.  I relied more on patience, consistency in training and very slow improvement.  60 reps was very challenging to get and I spent time slowly building up to 60 from 48 with intermediate steps.  
 

Refining body position and learning to find a balance point regarding amount of tension was also helpful in increasing reps.  I played around with finding the angle between quad and torso that seemed to allow for best engagement of the abdominals.  Additionally, I found that I was initially holding more tension than I needed to and was causing me to tire early. 
 

Stick with it.

Simon Hoffmann

Thanks Iain, that is useful and encouraging advice :-)