This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Row Grounds

Started by Marcin Chmiel, September 14, 2020 · 8 Replies · 189 Views

Marcin Chmiel

This is my form from 5 set 

 

Today im doing 10,10,10,8,8 Rep on Training. With only rest mobility ( so this is 40-50 s break)  . 

 

I feel frustrated , don't know how get progress in this exercise . I started with training row in April .. with 5x6/7 Rep with long rest 2-3min 

Recently I started adding 5 more set after doing planche lean and today i do 5x10 Rep . It's no sens, because in this same day traing i do more REpetition  for end training , than for start training and im less tirred . 

 

What should i do? frequent traing row ? Maybe i need 3x a week  or don't know... 

Bill Marr

Marcin: Totally agree with being frustrated with rows. I've been stuck on this forever. Looking ahead at some of the later PE's, I know I will get through them quickly. I just run out of gas on rows in the fourth and fifth sets after 6 or 7 reps. It's been like this for a long time.

Giulio Pizzini

I’ve been doing those for three years now and am still on 5x7...

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Marcin Chmiel said:

This is my form from 5 set 

 

Today im doing 10,10,10,8,8 Rep on Training. With only rest mobility ( so this is 40-50 s break)  . 

 

I feel frustrated , don't know how get progress in this exercise . I started with training row in April .. with 5x6/7 Rep with long rest 2-3min 

Recently I started adding 5 more set after doing planche lean and today i do 5x10 Rep . It's no sens, because in this same day traing i do more REpetition  for end training , than for start training and im less tirred . 

 

What should i do? frequent traing row ? Maybe i need 3x a week  or don't know... 

I noticed that as your repetition moves higher you tend to open the elbows to the sides reducing the shoulder extension. this made the exercise harder. if there is to inhibition form the anterior delt and chest then the row can be felt harder. how is your shoulder extension?

Second point have you tried to film yourself from the back and check the symmetry? if your movement is not symmetric we cannot expect t progress if one side works for 70% of the movement. one side cannot compensate for the other one.

Marcin Chmiel

So i should stop moving higher . I will test IT . My  shoulder extension is good. Im doing handstand and get this . 

Yes im looking for symmetry.

 

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Marcin Chmiel said:

So i should stop moving higher . I will test IT . My  shoulder extension is good. Im doing handstand and get this . 

Yes im looking for symmetry.

 

Shoulder extension is meant to be the range of motion of the manna. handstand has nothing to do with shoulder extension itself.

Marcin Chmiel

Okeey , what test should i do for this ?

Marcin Chmiel

That's what i meant by doing handstand because i took this step :) i get this.