This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100601

Started by Coach Sommer, June 1, 2010 · 2 Replies · 1,389 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform:

12 cycles of XR Strap HS

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Each cycle consists of 30 work followed by 45 seconds of rest. Go directly from one cycle to the next with no additional rest.

2) DO NOT come down during the 30 seconds of HS. If you do come down, that cycle does not count towards your total of 12 cycles.

3) To perform XR Strap HS drop your Xtreme Rings down to 6â€-8†from the ground. Now kick up into a handstand widely straddling your legs so that they wrap around the straps. Straighten and lock your arms as much as possible and begin timing your HS.

4) The XR Strap HS can be made much more physically demanding by placing your feet along the inside of the straps rather than wrapping your legs around the straps. The intensity can be further increased by ensuring that your elbows are completely locked and straight.

5) If XR Strap HSs are currently too demanding, perform Wall HS instead, although every effort should be made to complete the workout with XR Strap HS.

jl5555

I just got to this WOD last night, bit behind I guess. Question, when in the HS my hands had a tendency to turn inwards. This happened into the later cycles as I became fatigued. My knuckles were almost facing forward and my elbows pointed out. I kinda figure this is not proper form and I was attempting to correct it by pushing out like a madman through my back, shoulders, elbows, etc. I had the strength to hold myself through (almost) each cycle and I'm almost positive my elbows were locked. Do you recommend anything specific that will help me correct this turnout? More time on the rings upsidedown?

Previously, I had not attempted much progression past shoulder stand on the rings so this much was new for me. I wrapped my legs around the straps though did attempt one or two cycles with one leg unwrapped. My hands, especially that line from thumb to wrist crease, definately were not used to supporting my bodyweight on the rings. However, the wrist PU after were easier than they have ever been, almost effortless.

Ortprod

Just did this WoD today for the first time. VERY challenging and I loved it.

I benched a little bit before hand to try to keep up my capacity with it since I may compete in the near future again. Had to stop after the 10th XR HS to get a little extra rest otherwise my form would have been ugly (I don't think the benching took anything away from this WoD for me). Feet were around the inside of the straps some of the time and some other times they were instep on the strap only, the rest of the time I had feet wrapped loosely around the outside.

Feeling my biceps and my shoulders. Found it necessary to hang and stretch my shoulders afterward (gooseneck is getting good). GREAT CONDITIONING! :mrgreen: