This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seated Pancake Good Mornings

Started by James Strack, September 11, 2020 · 4 Replies · 132 Views

James Strack

Good Morning All,

I have found that I have very little movement or range of motion for my hip hinge going forward on seated pancake good mornings.  I am wondering if it would be a good idea to work on my hip hinge by doing this exercise standing against the wall for Middle Split Stretch instead of seated, so I can concentrate on the hip hinge, and maybe do some weighted?  Because otherwise I don't feel like I'm actually doing anything during that exercise part of the Middle split stretch.

Nithin Reddy

Hi James!

I’m having the exact same issue as you. Even if I narrow my pancake I’m having difficulty moving my chest forward with an anterior pelvic tilt. So far it’s been 3 weeks and my tilt forward can be measured in millimeters. I also would like any advice on either modifying it or just sticking with these micro thrusts. 
 

thanks. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey guys, it simply needs time. If you are very tight but you do not have a history of strong squat, deadlift, lunges, hyperextension, etc you should avoid weighted work.

the question now is: why do i have super small improvements?

basically what is making resistance to improvements here is the long head of the bicep femoris, muscles that every single step you do in life works as antigravity muscles and lets you stay in the center of the feet. so from one side, you have to stretch it for some minutes...and on the other side, you use it maybe 3-4-5-6 HOURS x day + how many years you passed without working on it with a stretch??

 the equation is pretty simple..more time is passed in a tight position. so we cannot pretend miracles...we can pretend patience. the same thing is valid for the thoracic spine. it took to me 10 years to develop my bridge.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

I have to say that its frustating at the beggining, I started as you guys say moving only a couple of cms with 3 yoga blocks stacked, but now I am close to 45°. Be patient

Bill Marr

Not much change after 3 weeks? 3 weeks is nothing. That's three middle split sessions. When I started GST over four years ago, I had decent flexibility...but it took over three years to get me chest close to the floor. GST is all about time and consistency. Stick with the program, work at it every week, and it will come. If you want quick results, this ain't the program for you. Not that there is a quick fix program that will get you where you want to go injury-free. With GST, it's important to enjoy the journey.