This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle up issues

Started by William Luby, September 11, 2020 · 3 Replies · 108 Views

William Luby

Hello everyone!

 

I hope you are all well.

I am a complete newbie to all this stuff so please forgive my ignorance.

I have been going through the foundation core program from the beginning and was able to get through the first 9 segments of the tuck up no issues. Now I’ve moved on to the straddle up and I can barely even get in the position with my legs straight let alone do any reps. Should I go back and keep going on the tuck ups for longer or should I just keep trying with the straddle ups until I get it? Or are there any other exercises you can suggest?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Will

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, William Luby said:

Hello everyone!

 

I hope you are all well.

I am a complete newbie to all this stuff so please forgive my ignorance.

I have been going through the foundation core program from the beginning and was able to get through the first 9 segments of the tuck up no issues. Now I’ve moved on to the straddle up and I can barely even get in the position with my legs straight let alone do any reps. Should I go back and keep going on the tuck ups for longer or should I just keep trying with the straddle ups until I get it? Or are there any other exercises you can suggest?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Will

I Will, welcome aboard, the first thing is always checking if the PE exercise (in this case the tuck-up) are paired with the appropriate range of motion (in this case Windmill) because they are both prerequisites. So my suggestion before moving on autonomously post a video of your execution here in the private forum and i'll tell you if they are ok. Especially et the beginning and in the manna-core section the range of motion of the IM is a limiting factor for moving on. we need a minimum of the range of motion.

William Luby
On 9/11/2020 at 8:39 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

I Will, welcome aboard, the first thing is always checking if the PE exercise (in this case the tuck-up) are paired with the appropriate range of motion (in this case Windmill) because they are both prerequisites. So my suggestion before moving on autonomously post a video of your execution here in the private forum and i'll tell you if they are ok. Especially et the beginning and in the manna-core section the range of motion of the IM is a limiting factor for moving on. we need a minimum of the range of motion.

Hi Alessandro,

 

Thanks for getting back to me it's much appreciated.

I did film myself doing the exercises and I think I do need to work on them a bit more. I'm having trouble uploading them to the forum so you can see, do you know what the best way to do this is?

Thanks again!

 

Will

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, William Luby said:

Hi Alessandro,

 

Thanks for getting back to me it's much appreciated.

I did film myself doing the exercises and I think I do need to work on them a bit more. I'm having trouble uploading them to the forum so you can see, do you know what the best way to do this is?

Thanks again!

 

Will

Hey William, the best iter is using a streaming provider like youtube and then post here the link. other members upload it on google drive and then they link they video here. Please use an external streaming link because i cannot download material on this computer (my mother is working from home but she has to manage sensitive data with restriction on the remote server).