I am new to gymnastics bodies and was looking through the forum and did not see much on this particular topic so I hope this hasn’t already been answered. If so I apologize. I took the assessment and it suggested I start at Level 3. I took a look at some of the upper body exercises and they were a bit too advanced so i dropped down to level 2. At level 2 some of the exercises are very easy for me. Should I adjust them according to my capability? For example a 10 second negative for a single rep of a pull-up is very easy. Would I be better served jumping to L sit pull-ups where I feel Very much able yet challenged or should I remain conservative? Appreciate any insight the team may provide!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Choosing appropriate exercises
Started by Alexander J Pearson, September 11, 2020 · 2 Replies · 52 Views
7 hours ago, Alexander J Pearson said:I am new to gymnastics bodies and was looking through the forum and did not see much on this particular topic so I hope this hasn’t already been answered. If so I apologize. I took the assessment and it suggested I start at Level 3. I took a look at some of the upper body exercises and they were a bit too advanced so i dropped down to level 2. At level 2 some of the exercises are very easy for me. Should I adjust them according to my capability? For example a 10 second negative for a single rep of a pull-up is very easy. Would I be better served jumping to L sit pull-ups where I feel Very much able yet challenged or should I remain conservative? Appreciate any insight the team may provide!
HI Alexander, nope. Since "some" exercise seems easy, try first the mastery (e.g. 5x5x10'' negative), and only if they are easy and also you reach the amount of range of motion in the paired IM you can move on. You can have for sure some exercise which is challenging from the previous level like, for example, the manna progression. it is not a problem having different levels of strength in different progression.
Got it. Thank you!