This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How much rest is optimal between restore/rehab courses?

Started by Daniel Conacher, September 9, 2020 · 3 Replies · 192 Views

Daniel Conacher

Hello,

I am curious about what is the recommended rest between rehab/prehab/restore exercises? 

For example, if I feel I need to work on my hamstring mobility, or restore my elbows, how often should I do the hamstring restore course/elbow sequence? Is everyday to much? 3 times a week? 

I mentioned these two specifically as they might have different answers as one focuses on muscles and the other joints, which I now know thanks to GymFit, have a 10:1 recovery rate difference. But since the intensity is quite low, ample rest may not be needed. 

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Daniel Conacher said:

Hello,

I am curious about what is the recommended rest between rehab/prehab/restore exercises? 

For example, if I feel I need to work on my hamstring mobility, or restore my elbows, how often should I do the hamstring restore course/elbow sequence? Is everyday to much? 3 times a week? 

I mentioned these two specifically as they might have different answers as one focuses on muscles and the other joints, which I now know thanks to GymFit, have a 10:1 recovery rate difference. But since the intensity is quite low, ample rest may not be needed. 

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Best

Hi Daniel, restore can be done definitely often. I have 2, my personal students, using Gb for additional work and they perform the scapulae and thoracic work daily.

One of them who works 8 hours at the desk performs the thoracic 2 times a day.

Daniel Conacher

Thank you for your quick reply. I will now perform prehab and restore daily to the areas that I think need it. 

To follow up on this, if you were to add these into a workout, would it be better to start or finish with the restore/prehab?

Thank you in advance.

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Daniel Conacher said:

Thank you for your quick reply. I will now perform prehab and restore daily to the areas that I think need it. 

To follow up on this, if you were to add these into a workout, would it be better to start or finish with the restore/prehab?

Thank you in advance.

They can be done both before especially if they regard the different anatomical sections of the body compared to the workout.